Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business for me

Options
  • 15-05-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All

I am thinking of opening a playcentre - I will need a big loan but I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so what do I need to look at
    I know I would need insurance and somewhere with car park but what else should I be thinking about?
    Does anyone know where I could get the equipment to put into one of these centres or anything else I would need to know I suppose I would become an employer too as I could not run this by myself what is involved in this.
    At the moment I am a stay at home mum and have this in my mind for a while now.
    Thanks in advance for your help

Sally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Big loans = big repayments. That could be your biggest expense. You'd also have to staff the premises at all times - two staff minimum even for the smallest operation.

Not sure where you are based but it may be cheaper to buy a play centre business that has gone bust than to start new - as long as the location is good. It's a bit like golf clubs and gyms, the person who eventually makes the profit is rarely the one who started the business. Quite a few have gone pop recently in Dublin. It may also be a warning to tread very, very carefully before you commit to anything.

Good luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

www.spiplay.ie You will get a lot of information from these guys. Have you got experience in this area. It is very costly to start up and needs to be done well to succeed.

Advertisement