Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MechWarrior Online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just applied, hopefully I'll be as lucky in this as I was with CS:GO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In case anyone missed it,

http://kotaku.com/5916011/razers-artemis-is-an-elaborately-sexy-way-to-play-mechwarrior-online

This is the Concept - presumably optional - peripheral that was prototyped by Razer exclusively for MWO

original.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

concept-img2.png

http://www.razerzone.com/artemis/concept

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Anyone remember that game on the original XBox with a controller like that? It was fking awesome to play I gotta tell you, but the controller wasn't built to last :(

Steel Battalion, that's the one.

If Razer bundled a frak-ton of in-game credit/exclusive mechs in with that controller *AND* it had the ability to pop the screen out and use it as a Tablet, I'd easily drop €300 on it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Shiminay wrote: »
    Anyone remember that game on the original XBox with a controller like that? It was fking awesome to play I gotta tell you, but the controller wasn't built to last :(

Steel Battalion, that's the one.

If Razer bundled a frak-ton of in-game credit/exclusive mechs in with that controller *AND* it had the ability to pop the screen out and use it as a Tablet, I'd easily drop €300 on it :)
    The tablet alone would cost 300 EUR, adding on the rest you'd look at a 500+ tag easily. With their setup I'd guess 300 EUR with out it as a tablet may still be on the low end of the price tag honestly (it's not like it can be used in any game like a mouse so limited scope of sales, limited amount can be produced etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wonder could you use that controller Hawken-Mech

• Advertisement

Check out nVidia's Kai stuff Nody - the object is to produce a sub $200 Tegra 3 tablet (Acer seems to be about ready to push one out too if news is to be believed). My point is, you can build a "cheap and cheerful" tablet for $100ish so €300 wouldn't be outlandish :)

It would be great to be able to use it on Hawken too or indeed other sorts of games.

You're assuming it will be a tablet, and not just a HUD.

I'm saying I'd love it to be one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

So the founders club details have been released and they don't look too great to me :(

foundersEmail.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I'll probably go for the elite pack, torn between the Catapult and Atlas though...

Serious amount of Legendary buyers judging by the MWO forums.
    Whoever came up with the $120 option is getting a huge pat on the back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

120$ ?

Screen+Shot+2012-05-31+at+1.42.29+PM.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I'll probably go for the elite pack, torn between the Catapult and Atlas though...

Serious amount of Legendary buyers judging by the MWO forums.
    Whoever came up with the $120 option is getting a huge pat on the back anyway.
    Same but leaning towards the Catapult; the Atlas appear to be far to much "a billion small guns" for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Have to laugh at anyone paying that $120.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's the same as paying for a collectors edition. If you like the game and have the money, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kiith wrote: »
    It's the same as paying for a collectors edition. If you like the game and have the money, why not?

You don't get a statue!
    Not paying extra unless I get a statue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Have to laugh at anyone paying that $120.

It's pretty good value compared to Wargamings pre-order packs for World of Tanks, if you consider the Atlas alone to be equivalent to tier 8 premium tank. And given that Wargaming are rolling in cash, I doubt it'll go wrong for MWO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Kiith wrote: »

Its not a very good or enjoyable game certiantly doesnt capture me like the wot beta did might be completely wrong but i dont believe this game will last to long it just doesnt feel right hard to describe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bizmark wrote: »
    Its not a very good or enjoyable game certiantly doesnt capture me like the wot beta did might be completely wrong but i dont believe this game will last to long it just doesnt feel right hard to describe

can I have your Beta code so :cool:

kingtiger wrote: »
    can I have your Beta code so :cool:

no i like being a special snowflake

Besides you can get a code to all you have to do is pretend you have a phd in computering like me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It does seem very *Slowly circle an enemy while firing*. Is it basically CSS with Mechs?

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    It does seem very *Slowly circle an enemy while firing*. Is it basically CSS with Mechs?

Its like no other game i played weapons feel utterly punchless the mechs feel like your playing as a guy from bf or something theres no feeling of weight like in say earthseige or the earlier mechwarrior games the maps are awful uninspireing things etc etc ..

All of which could and likely will change but very meh about it as it stands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bizmark wrote: »
    Besides you can get a code to all you have to do is pretend you have a phd in computering like me

oh check out the big brain on Brad :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

have ye's never played a mechwarrior game before? That's how i remember MW3 being played, judging by the videos on the site the combat is identical to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Has anyone forked out for the founders program on this? starts in just over a week :)

Oh if I had money, and didn't shell out $750 in car accident expenses in June. I might have. I might have.

I succumbed to temptation and got the cheapest option for 25 quid. Hopefully get to play some time during the week

have ye's never played a mechwarrior game before? That's how i remember MW3 being played, judging by the videos on the site the combat is identical to it.

Yeah.
    There is so much to those fights that just doesn't come across in the vids.
    You have to choose early on, cripple/kill. Depending on your position and loadout one is easier than the other.
    Shooting off the big guns first then moving to legs/reactor/ammoboxes. Finishing off a wounded mech. Doing huge damage (and spiking your own temp) to distract an enemy from wounded teammate.

There is lots to think about and because some mechs are so slow, you can very quickly pass the point of no retreat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Or ya know, just jumpjet onto their cockpit and one shot them...........................

What? It worked in Mechwarrior 2! :p

Just in case any newbies are wondering; Pro strat is Alpha Strike, Alpha Strike, Alpha Strike, coolant, Alpha Strike, Alpha Strike, eject!

• Advertisement

Basically I watched a leaked gameplay footage and was quite impressed. It seemed to have the things i liked in WoT (directional damage and all that jazz) without the woeful balance (Light and fast vehicles seem to be actually useful here!) Plus it's Mechs something that will always look cool no matter how old you are.

Advertisement