Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MechWarrior Online

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Anybody else get this email from them?
    Your receiving this email because we made a piloting error. You have just recently received an email that was meant to go out to only all our great Closed Beta testers. So we really apologize for making this mistake and hope you will forgive us.

In order to help with that forgiveness, we have decided to grant you beta access as of this email!

Please enjoy the game and help us make an even better product as Closed Beta continues, as after we have fixed our error we are closing the door again.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Please check your profile page for further instructions.

Wo0Ties, Im in the beta now for what its worth.
    Always been a fan of this + any other Mecha (armored core, that wierd 2 stick game on the Saturn, saying gameon out loud rings a bell though?) so really looking forward to jump in to a Suit.. er oops its not gundam is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yeah, got that this morning. Pleasant surprise :) Looking forward to checking it out.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

platinums wrote: »
    Anybody else get this email from them?

Wo0Ties, Im in the beta now for what its worth.
    Always been a fan of this + any other Mecha (armored core, that wierd 2 stick game on the Saturn, saying gameon out loud rings a bell though?) so really looking forward to jump in to a Suit.. er oops its not gundam is it.

You do know you're breaking the NDA by posting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A fairly light breach, but yes.

The update on sunday took all my mechs and all my money, so right now I can't test anything aside from poking around the menu. Boo.

They haven't implemented much in the way of social tools or the meta game - like interplanetary dropship travel and clan warfare.

Overheal wrote: »

They haven't implemented much in the way of social tools or the meta game - like interplanetary dropship travel and clan warfare.

The reminds me of the lunar mission at the start of MW4, jump right out of the dropship in low orbit, fun stuff.

EDIT: 5 million gone :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Also got beta access (through their error) but I think ill wait for the final product.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rand_alThor

Been playing in the last few weeks of the closed beta and its pretty good. Light mechs are WAY overpowered and heavy weapons like the AC20 don't have enough of an impact (making my Hunch a bit more impotent than I'd like) but it is good and nothing a quick patch couldn't fix.

What I'm getting sick of though, is playing with useless clowns, being strung out on my own. Anyone know of an Irish Mech Corp to play with?

Played about 10 games a few versions back, 4 of them just trying to get my joystick to do what its bloody meant to. Still had problems with sensitivity on the X axis as its not accelerated, so if I set it low enough to aim it takes an hour to turn.

Anyways, been keeping it patched, might try it again tonight. Would love to get an Irish crew going with comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rand_alThor

Well if you're online add me in-game. My handle is Homercleese.

I haven't even bothered with the joystick, keyboard and mouse works pretty well so far.

Servers, Y U GO DOWN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Got this the other day. I'm having fun with it so far but it needs more... something. Hopefully as they continue to add features it will turn into the game it has potential to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

(Volume Up!) waitforitwaitforitwaitforitwaitforitwaitforitwaitforit...............

.............!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone else playing this atm? There's 4 of us play regularly, we're on the boards teamspeak server.

Great game, still glitchy though. I finally managed to level out my overheating issues, I had to sacrifice some armour points to install double heat sinks. She's a beast now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I play it from time to time and I enjoy it for a quick blast, but it's still lacking substance. The same 8v8 death match on a couple maps leaves me a little dry after a few games. If they ever get the community warfare thing up and running it might be able to hold my interest.

Just got into Mechwarrior Tactics. Thats more alpha than beta though so I wont be playing much.

Got a new 7870 so must try MWO again to see how she runs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Whats actually the story with this game ?
    Is it in a prolonged Beta and your allowed play for free ?
    Will it become subscription based afterwards?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's F2P (standard type model with option to subscribe for more money and experience per battle) and I think it's live (I've not played for ages and I got all four founding mechs :( ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

I tried this before I upgraded my computer and the performance was pish, but now after getting a 7950, its soo smooth and really playable.
    I have been playing quite a bit of late and am really starting to get the old Mech feeling back at it.

Tempted to drop some cash for some upgrades but ill stew on it a tad longer.

They have a premium account service and you can buy Mechwarrior Currency (MC) to purchase things.
    Premium accounts seem to get XP boosts and the like.

Advertisement