Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

interpretation of an s i

• 15-05-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi guys I was hopng someone can help me interpret an s.i. as im having a little trouble.

the one in question is this
    S.I. No. 600 of 2001.

the specific part is class 4

CLASS 4
    (a) The erection of a wireless or
    television antenna, other than a satellite
    television signal receiving antenna, on the
    roof of a house.
    (b) The erection on or within the
    curtilage of a house, of a dish type
    antenna used for the receiving and
    transmitting of signals from satellites.
    The height of the antenna above the roof
    of the house shall not exceed 6 metres.
    1. Not more than one such antenna shall
    be erected on, or within the curtilage of a
    house.
    2. The diameter of any such antenna shall
    not exceed 1 metre.
    3. No such antenna shall be erected on, or
    forward of, the front wall of the house.
    4. No such antenna shall be erected on
    the front roof slope of the house or higher
    than the highest part of the roof of the
    house.

Am I right in understanding that once the antenna is inthe curtalige of the house and as long as its not 6 metres above roof height it is exempt?
    also if the said antenna was dual purpose for both wireless and recieving sattelite signals would this also come under the exemption?

Sorry if this is bordering on advice its just trying to make sence of the rules of curtailage and what is permitted or where the definition for an antenna starts and dish stops.
    If the antenna is capable of recieving signals without being of dish type is that ok? or does it have to be attached to the house.
    Im very confused by this so any help is appretiated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

What are you trying to install? You could always ask your local planning office if they consider it exempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Its an amatuer radio antenna on a pole at the back of the garden its only 1 metre over the house so Its not visible from the front.
    I know the easy way around this is to just attach a dish but dont wat to antagonise the situation.
    I wont know yet if its cnsidered exempt until the local authority comes out to inspect it, I sent them in detailed photos but I dont think they can use them to make a ruling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Is it a H shaped one over a metre wide?

no its 2 inches wide at its maximum width and vertical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

assuming you have a normal site you can erect the aerial within the site. Should be no problem with the aerial you describe.

• Advertisement

CHEERS
    I tought that but i just wanted to be very sure.

Advertisement