Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help. Lost my setup CD for Belkin N Wireless Modem router

Options
  • 15-05-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sunday morning my internet dropped, this happens occasionally, no big deal, normally a simple plug/unplug does the trick. This time however I could not connect to the internet at all and by 7pm, the router had reset, meaning I needed to go through the set-up process again, no problem, I've had to do this 2 or 3 times before, big problem, the set up CD that came with the router is not where it normally is and has almost certainly been thrown out.

Does anyone know how I can set up the router without the CD?

I've been on the belkin support site but all their answers involve logging onto the router homepage http://192.168.2.1 and going from there, but I can't log into to the site as I have no internet access, at the moment I am using my iPhone as a wireless hotspot and can't access the router homepage.

The model is F5D8636-4 v2.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I Had the same problem. I got a laptop, then I downloaded the software from belkins site, put it on a memory stick and moved it onto my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Maints

Plug your laptop into one of the ethernet ports on the back of the router using an ethernet cable. Wait a minute and then goto http://192.168.2.1 on your web browser. This will give you the configuration pages for the router. If it asks for a password, just leave it blank and press submit. Configure the router whatever way you want then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm sorted now, thanks lads. Got onto the router homepage and got the PPPoE settings I needed from another post on boards. :)

Advertisement