Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do [some] fellas hate cats??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If a cat rubs off your legs when you are upstairs are they showing affection or are they trying to trip up down the stairs and break your neck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

All of this is making me wonder if you were being chased by a lion, and someone threw it a giant ball of twine, would the lion start playing with the twine?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

i like cats but a good few women i know hate them, including my girlfriend who trys to make out its because she is alergic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Zaph wrote: »
    Cats, on the other hand, couldn't give a crap whether you're there or not and will show contempt rather than affection. Evil bastids they are... :cool:

You nailed it on the head.That's exactly why I like 'em.
    They'll do their own thing, eat wherever, whenever they feel like it, if you don't like it you can take a hike. :D
    Not like them doormats you call dogs.

Zaph wrote: »
    ... and I'll siteban anyone who disagrees with me. cool.gif

Oh. I guess I'll get some work done then ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I would never trust anyone who doesn't like cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

I'm a fella and I like cats, prefer them to dogs.

Dogs can be fairly fúcking annoying I think, they aren't the brightest of animals.

Cats just keep things cool, lie around all day and clean themselves. What more could ya want!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

paddyandy wrote: »
    Wibbs: I have no data on the long distance ability of the average domestic cat but i'll hazard a guess that they can outrun any Athlete .

Unlikely, as cats don't tend to need or want to run long distances, and an ultra-marathon is anywhere from 50 miles to 100 miles.

Would be a fun race though, you'd have the human athlete doing their best and the cat just not really caring.:D

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Except for Imagination and Nobility and Intellectual pursuits the average Domestic Cat is far superior to humans in every possible way .......any takers ? Ounce for ounce far stronger faster .Hearing and Sight .....vastly superior to ours ...Any argument ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Ignorant hard men are wankers, especially ignorant hard men who would have a cat about the place

It would appear you know what you're talking about first hand.

Except for Imagination and Nobility and Intellectual pursuits the average Domestic Cat is far superior to humans in every possible way .......any takers ? Ounce for ounce far stronger faster .Hearing and Sight .....vastly superior to ours ...Any argument ?

So basically if we discount the ways we are superior to cats then cats are superior to us?

Of course.

That said, opposable thumbs win it for us every time.

• Advertisement

Unlikely, as cats don't tend to need or want to run long distances, and an ultra-marathon is anywhere from 50 miles to 100 miles.

Would be a fun race though, you'd have the human athlete doing their best and the cat just not really caring.:D
    Because the don't does not mean they can't ??

mikemac1 wrote: »
    "playing" with the mouse they caught only to kill it later on when it gets bored
    What's that about?

If a soldier did that they would be outrage

Nature's scumbags

You caught it, just kill it already

Pet syndrom.
    I've seen dogs do exactly the same thing with a rabbit they caught.

If the cat was living "wild", it would kill and eat its prey quick, simply because it's hungry (with the exception of a mother bringing back live prey for the kittens to learn, obviously). But since a lot of cats here are pets, they aren't hungry, they didn't hunt to kill or eat, they hunted out of instinct. So they will drag out the "hunt" for as long as they can.

Answer; Because the don't does not mean they can't ??

Well it's basic biology paddy, when a creature of flesh, bone and blood and tendon doesn't do something very often they tend not to be very good at it.

Cats have a superior anaerobic system to an aerobic one and are designed for short bursts of intense speed.

Hell, even the quickness of a cat is down to a muscular type being predominant within their flesh which is poorly suited to aerobic activity.

Our Abilities far exceed a Cat's merits .Certainly i agree there .

Well it's basic biology paddy, when a creature of flesh, bone and blood and tendon doesn't do something very often they tend not to be very good at it.

Cats have a superior anaerobic system to an aerobic one and are designed for short bursts of intense speed.

Hell, even the quickness of a cat is down to a muscular type being predominant within their flesh which is poorly suited to aerobic activity.
    Don't Bamboozle me with vague words .

If a cat were chased for 20 miles ......could it run that distance ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Don't Bamboozle me with vague words .

If a cat were chased for 20 miles ......could it run that distance ??????

They are not vague words, they are important subject specific words which you should probably understand if you wish to discuss something like this.

If a cat were chased for 20 miles it would be a stupid cat, get tired and get killed by something I reckon. Cats don't run far, they run fast and then they hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mad cat woman and is often seen as a witch.
    Old man and his dog.

Ever see a pack of cats hunt? I never have. Have seen packs of dogs hunt, though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They are not vague words, they are important subject specific words which you should probably understand if you wish to discuss something like this.

If a cat were chased for 20 miles it would be a stupid cat, get tired and get killed by something I reckon. Cats don't run far, they run fast and then they hide.
    +1. They're simply not built for long distance running. Basic anatomy. They're built for explosive short bursts of running. In these bursts cats max out at just under 30 MPH, just like top sprinters, but the sprinter could keep it going for longer. Beyond such distances humans would beat a cat with little difficulty. Humans(like dogs) have evolved as distance runners(with pretty impressive bursts of speed thrown in) and pretty efficient ones too. The dogs close cousin(same species) the wolf is one of the most efficient runners in the animal kingdom. Very very few animals could match their distance covering ability and dogs have inherited that(depending on breed. A British bulldog would be as much use as tits on a bull for running).

In any event as LF says it's not what they're built for so it's a useless comparison.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

the_syco wrote: »
    Ever see a pack of cats hunt? I never have. Have seen packs of dogs hunt, though.

Usurprising. Cats are usually solitary hunters, dogs pack hunters.

Same in the wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Mad cat woman and is often seen as a witch.
    Old man and his dog.

Lions?

Wibbs wrote: »
    They're built for explosive short bursts of running.
    It's pretty impressive in itself though all that very fast and precise darting and flipping.

I believe cats need an awful lot of protein for their everyday muscle exertion - relative to dogs that is. I remember reading that this is why it's easy for your dog to be vegetarian but much more difficult for a cat - and no, not because they are just fussy. Something to do with animal protein, in the case of cats, being difficult to successfully substitute - or something like that. Dunno, could be a myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    They clean themselves for a start, and take care of their own crap. Plus you don't get a guilt trip laid on you if you leave them alone for the day.

I'm confused... you mean you can train them to use the jaxx? or do they scoop it up themselves? or do they eat their own shyte???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Ah the same old rubbish keeps popping up :P

Cats not being loyal etc.. I've had both cats and dogs growing up. Love both animals. At the minute we have two cats, got them as kittens and they are siblings. They entertain each other, and us, chasing eachother around the house. When ever we get back in the evening they come running to you and start purring. Pick them up and they are as happy. Sitting watching TV they'll come up and sit on your lap.

I really don't get why people hate them so much! Also, how can people say cats don't like you, then turn around and say that when they are friendly they want something, but that dogs are always friendly but "that's because they're loyal"? A confusing bunch you are!

Someone mentioned the story of Hachiko/Hachi, the dog that waited everyday for his owner. Nice story but if a human lost someone close and stood waiting for them everyday then I'm pretty sure it would be seen as unhealthy, could someone not have helped the poor dog and try and give him a new home, instead of going "Look at him there, waiting on his master who isn't going to return, must be heartbroken, suffering, but isn't he cute!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Ever see a pack of cats hunt?

Lions.
    I'm confused... you mean you can train them to use the jaxx?

Yep.

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    It's pretty impressive in itself though all that very fast and precise darting and flipping.

I believe cats need an awful lot of protein for their everyday muscle exertion - relative to dogs that is. I remember reading that this is why it's easy for your dog to be vegetarian but much more difficult for a cat - and no, not because they are just fussy. Something to do with animal protein, in the case of cats, being difficult to successfully substitute - or something like that. Dunno, could be a myth.

Yeah cats eating vegetables is a bit like us eating paper, no nutritional value.

I'm confused... you mean you can train them to use the jaxx? or do they scoop it up themselves? or do they eat their own shyte???

Yeah you could train a cat to use the jaxx. But I think what the point was here was that a cat will dig a hole, go in it, then cover it up. Most cats hate the smell, if they can still smell it then they'll try and cover it more. Also if you have a litter tray indoors a cat will always use that, whereas you'll have to take the dog out and a dog will just go on the spot and walk off*.

*Not saying anything bad about dogs, dogs kick ass aswell ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

I love both cats and dogs

They've all got their own personalities, its just some are friendlier then others. Unfriendly dogs are rarer I'll admit, but I'd say thats down to 'dog-unfriendliness' being so unwanted and so is more vigorously surpressed (training, breeding, vicious dogs destroyed etc)
    Cats on the other hand, if they're unfriendly, will 99 times out of 100 just avoid you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 necomantis

great now I want a lion - "big cat friend to hunt with in packs" XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Wossack wrote: »
    I love both cats and dogs

They've all got their own personalities, its just some are friendlier then others. Unfriendly dogs are rarer I'll admit, but I'd say thats down to 'dog-unfriendliness' being so unwanted and so is more vigorously surpressed (training, breeding, vicious dogs destroyed etc)
    Cats on the other hand, if they're unfriendly, will 99 times out of 100 just avoid you..

Unless they sense you are afraid of them, whereupon a cat will make an immediate bee line for you. Not because it knows you're scared of it, but because you will be the only person in the room avoiding looking at it and the cat will therefore see you as posing the least threat to it.

Amazing creatures! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Shenshen wrote: »
    It would appear you know what you're talking about first hand.

...are...are you accusing me of being...of being...a cat owner :eek: How very dare you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"playing" with the mouse they caught only to kill it later on when it gets bored
    What's that about?

Nature's scumbags

cats arent the only animals that play with their food before they eat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

They clean themselves for a start, and take care of their own crap. Plus you don't get a guilt trip laid on you if you leave them alone for the day.

I mean that they'll use a litter tray (and bury it in the tray), which is pretty clean!

What's that about?

Nature's scumbags

Too right there would be outrage if a soldier ate someone he killed! :eek: :)

Yeah, maybe the cat should get its food, enclose it, breed it, fatten it up, then slaughter and eat it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I'm female and I hate cats!

Dirty stinky creatures that make me sneeze and judge me- all the while plotting the destruction of the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I love cats and I don't fit in any of the OP's categories.

Cats are lovely wee things. My mum has one that plays fetch and follows her to the shop and back.

I think people who hate cats because they look at you like they're judging have unresolved issues. You must have been up to some seriously bad **** to be worried about getting judged by something that licks its own arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

in answer to a few things that have been raised on this thread.
    in terms of their athletic ability cats are built for short sprints, their lung capacity is not designed for running long distances. The comparison to a dog or human doesn't make any sense. They are very well designed for their 'biological niche' in hunting small mammals such as mice.

They are valuable animals in terms of their usefulness in a granary, yard or feedstore as they prevent the spoilage of food due to pillaging by vermin. This is the reason they were domesticated. Cats don't consume human food such as grains or pulses and defend stores of those foods from animals that do (which includes birds btw!)

As for them being solitary hunters, that depends on the type of cat. Lions hunt in packs, pumas are solitary. Domestic cats tend to be solitary hunters, but they will often stalk and catch prey and present it to the owner. they also bring prey back to kittens or elderly sick cats in their social group which demonstrates that they are not 'selfish' creatures.

Domestic or feral cats are not solitary animals, they tend to live in family groups and will bring prey back to those groups.they are socialble creatures who will show affection witin their family groups (including their humans!) there have been documented cases of cats acting as a 'midwife' to another cat giving birth.

The idea of cats being 'evil' is laughable. A cat is no more evil than any other creature on the face of the earth. The idea of cats being evil stems from the medieval practice of burning cats as witches familiars, and this attitude has been perpetuated without people even being aware of why. This has roots in religion and witch hunting trials. Cats were persecuted because they were revered in pagan religions (ancient egypt) and therefore to the church were a symbol of these religions to be destroyed.

I am always very moved by the story of Scarlett who faced a burning building to save her kittens and in the process burned the fur and skin off herself. these are not the actions of an evil, selfish creature.
    scarlett the cat did this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_(cat)

Cats are very affectionate, but usually just to their owners. this can give the impression of a cold creature, but they are just reserved in their affections. Their equivalent in the dog world would be the 'one person' dog. this demonstrates loyalty more than anything else, because they don't give their affection freely.

In answer to the OPs question, some people (men and women)don't like cats usually because its the attitude they grew up with and they don't question it. Also possibly because of fear,allergies or bad experiences!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

In my last house my neighbour had a lovely ginger cat, like a real life garfield, she'd often come scuttling over for a bellyrub when I arrived home and I let her in to wander about the house or to get warm at times, she'd often hop up on the couch and scooch in beside me on the couch and just watch tv or look at my laptop screen.

in short, cats are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Let me tell you a story. About 10 years ago I move in with my Missus. I was am not particularly a liker of Cats so I told the missus I cannot sleep in the bedroom with a Cat. I don’t like them, they don’t like me.

So as you could imagine, the cat, had a chip on its shoulder with this arrangement and did not like being turfed out of the bedroom. Cat then decides at any given chance to piss all over my clothes. Now, I was pissed and made a run for the cat, she was too fast so I left it at that. The next morning, I go to put my shoes on and the said cat took a s hite in my right shoe. Now that was premeditated on the cat’s behalf. They are jealous smarmy little feckers and the Cat and I had a long running battle thereafter.

Forward many years later, Kids want a Cat. I like feck no, not on my turf, however, I was vetoed and we got a Kitten. She was cute until she reached adulthood and she came into heat just before we got her spaded. I came home from work, Cat is on the chair, all seductive and ****, putting her arse in the air for me to see. I’m like, WTF? A few hours later, I’m sitting watching TV, shoeless and sockless, the said Cat stroll’s over and decides to stick her junk on to my Big Toe, well, I could not believe what I was seeing and said Cat got a kick in the hole that she actually liked. She ran upstairs and pissed all over my clean Laundry. Cat was promptly spaded and problem solved.

Generally I find Cats spiteful and foooking one big pain in the hole. Cats are like many Women today, if they don’t get their own way they will Piss all over you. This Cat still lives with us and most days when I come home she will be sitting on the cable box and if I even look at her crooked she will go and piss all over my bedroom.

Cats are the fooking devil and I see no purpose for them. I’m about ready to make the Cat disappear not in a cruel way just to another home, but it’s my Kids pet but I will make her disappear one day because she is a right pain the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

somefeen wrote: »
    You must have been up to some seriously bad **** to be worried about getting judged by something that licks its own arse.
    :D

• Advertisement

gigawatt wrote: »
    This is the reason they were domesticated.

Again, I remember hearing/reading that whereas dogs were domesticated by us, cats chose their life - they came to us of their own free will and opted for a life of semi-domestication, because it kind of suited them.

If this is true it would explain a lot.

But it's probably BS.

Let me tell you a story. About 10 years ago I move in with my Missus. I was am not particularly a liker of Cats so I told the missus I cannot sleep in the bedroom with a Cat. I don’t like them, they don’t like me.

So as you could imagine, the cat, had a chip on its shoulder with this arrangement and did not like being turfed out of the bedroom. Cat then decides at any given chance to piss all over my clothes. Now, I was pissed and made a run for the cat, she was too fast so I left it at that. The next morning, I go to put my shoes on and the said cat took a s hite in my right shoe. Now that was premeditated on the cat’s behalf. They are jealous smarmy little feckers and the Cat and I had a long running battle thereafter.

Forward many years later, Kids want a Cat. I like feck no, not on my turf, however, I was vetoed and we got a Kitten. She was cute until she reached adulthood and she came into heat just before we got her spaded. I came home from work, Cat is on the chair, all seductive and ****, putting her arse in the air for me to see. I’m like, WTF? A few hours later, I’m sitting watching TV, shoeless and sockless, the said Cat stroll’s over and decides to stick her junk on to my Big Toe, well, I could not believe what I was seeing and said Cat got a kick in the hole that she actually liked. She ran upstairs and pissed all over my clean Laundry. Cat was promptly spaded and problem solved.

Generally I find Cats spiteful and foooking one big pain in the hole. Cats are like many Women today, if they don’t get their own way they will Piss all over you. This Cat still lives with us and most days when I come home she will be sitting on the cable box and if I even look at her crooked she will go and piss all over my bedroom.

Cats are the fooking devil and I see no purpose for them. I’m about ready to make the Cat disappear not in a cruel way just to another home, but it’s my Kids pet but I will make her disappear one day because she is a right pain the arse.

That is the funniest thing I've ever read!! I'm literally crying laughing:D

You can train them to use a regular loo... check youtube for hundreds of vids of that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

chris_ie wrote: »
    Someone mentioned the story of Hachiko/Hachi, the dog that waited everyday for his owner. Nice story but if a human lost someone close and stood waiting for them everyday then I'm pretty sure it would be seen as unhealthy, could someone not have helped the poor dog and try and give him a new home, instead of going "Look at him there, waiting on his master who isn't going to return, must be heartbroken, suffering, but isn't he cute!"
    +1. I could never understand that at all. Give the bloody dog a home you muppets.
    gigawatt wrote: »
    in answer to a few things that have been raised on this thread.
    in terms of their athletic ability cats are built for short sprints, their lung capacity is not designed for running long distances. The comparison to a dog or human doesn't make any sense. They are very well designed for their 'biological niche' in hunting small mammals such as mice.
    Exactly.
    They are valuable animals in terms of their usefulness in a granary, yard or feedstore as they prevent the spoilage of food due to pillaging by vermin. This is the reason they were domesticated. Cats don't consume human food such as grains or pulses and defend stores of those foods from animals that do (which includes birds btw!)
    Though the best ratters funny enough are dogs. Though not surprising as wild dogs like wolves get through a lot of rodents. They're one of their staple snacks. Though as you point out a hungry hound might well help himself to the human food, so would need to be supervised. You can just let a cat get on with it.
    The idea of cats being 'evil' is laughable. A cat is no more evil than any other creature on the face of the earth. The idea of cats being evil stems from the medieval practice of burning cats as witches familiars, and this attitude has been perpetuated without people even being aware of why. This has roots in religion and witch hunting trials. Cats were persecuted because they were revered in pagan religions (ancient egypt) and therefore to the church were a symbol of these religions to be destroyed.
    Yep and the church was the reason wolves were vilified too. Pagan religions were mad for them, as were most ancient cultures. The Romans were crazy for them as imagery. A few emperors had them as pets/companions. Rome itself was said to have been founded by two infants suckled by a she wolf(Romulus and Remus). The Christian's saw them as wild and pagan and their iconography didn't help. Lamb of God, well who loves a bit of lamb... :D
    I am always very moved by the story of Scarlett who faced a burning building to save her kittens and in the process burned the fur and skin off herself. these are not the actions of an evil, selfish creature.
    scarlett the cat did this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_(cat)
    +1
    Cats are very affectionate, but usually just to their owners. this can give the impression of a cold creature, but they are just reserved in their affections. Their equivalent in the dog world would be the 'one person' dog.
    Exactly. Of the dogs I've had in my life two of them were like that. One was very like that. Anyone outside the family and close mates was considered with suspicion and ignored, growled at or looked down upon in the most obvious way. One stood on a mates boyfriend when he was sitting down, grunted in his face and then cocked his leg on him. Pure contempt and dominance*. Way more "who the fcuk are you?" than any cat I've ever met.

*as my mate said latterly, turned out he was a good judge of character. Right gobshíte. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Again, I remember hearing/reading that whereas dogs were domesticated by us, cats chose their life - they came to us of their own free will and opted for a life of semi-domestication, because it kind of suited them.

If this is true it would explain a lot.

But it's probably BS.

Afaik its a pretty similar process for both. Dogs were attracted to human settlements by scavenging in refuse heaps, hung around the refuse heaps which were outside of the settlements and barked liked the clappers if anyone came near the settlement. This suited the people so it became a mutually beneficial arrangement. The dogs stayed and warned the people of intruders. If any of the dogs were very aggressive they were killed so the subsequent populations became more and more 'domesticated'.

Cats hung around humans for the same reasons, food , but especially when people began to farm and store produce this attracted a lot of vermin, mice, rats, rabbits, birds and provided an easy days hunting for the cats. thus the domestication of cats happened!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

they tend to fall into the following categories:

1) gay
    So you are saying that if a man owns cats, he may be seen as being gay? Do you think this may be a reason why men don't own cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Hang on their chief. I have a back garden full of cat sh1t at the moment. So that statement isn't exactly true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

In the great online shooter of life, cats are the lone wolves and snipers. Therefore, they are the scum of the earth.

Dogs? Straightforward team players. You know they've got your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

oh man i hate cats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Cats are awesome and they can be super friendly and loyal too. Just unlike dogs who will roll over if you throw them a bone, you need to gain the cat's trust and loyalty first. Cats are very independent creatures, they've always been in the wild as they're solitary animals. Dogs are pack animals and depend on their "leader" to survive. When you adapt a dog, you become its "leader" and the dog will become totally dependent on you which is why it shows you all the affection and loyalty because without it the dog wouldn't survive. Cats on the other hand don't need a human to survive. They just chose to stay with the human if you give them a nice, comfortable place to live, if not they can do fine on their own chasing mice and birds.

Watch how this guy's cat changed his life:

• Advertisement
Advertisement