Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Axe The Apprentice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Wahoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Thank God the show was just one big add campaign for Renault, I also think the UK Apprentice is losing it's edge as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Agree completely with pat, think it had definitely run its course, wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the UK one after this season, not enjoying it as much as previous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The series are too alike each season. The tasks need to change much more then they do, thus the audience get bored of the same tasks each year rather then getting the new contestants to do something different.

The last 2 Irish series also suffered from 2hours of non-stop the Apprentice, and lots of ads plus lots of Product placement. I felt the product placement on the Irish series hampered the outcomes and provisions of the contestants. (They had too many provisions laid on them, as IMO the PP companies were worried that the contestants might get it wrong).

I watch The UK version last week, the art gallery. I thought it was not bad but I stopped watching the Apprentice after season 3 of the Irish version. (I had been watching it too many versions).

TV3 were really trying to say the audience figures were steady when they were dropping back to season 1 levels, however I think they should have thought about putting it on "Hiatus" rather then axing the series, if the replacement does not work out at least they have The Apprentice to fall back on in February or March next year. Or else they are planning more Come Dine With Me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

The main issue with this show and the latest series was that you had a "multi thousandaire" used car sales man hiring another used car saleman instead of the more viable candidate.

The show lost all credability (if indeed it had any to begin with) at that point.

What's the point watching a show for 12 weeks if at the end Bill is going to hire a used car saleman anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Elmo wrote: »
    The last 2 Irish series also suffered from 2hours of non-stop the Apprentice, and lots of ads plus lots of Product placement. I felt the product placement on the Irish series hampered the outcomes and provisions of the contestants. (They had too many provisions laid on them, as IMO the PP companies were worried that the contestants might get it wrong).

I agree with this, the Product Placement became so blatant - the show was like one long advert for the company of the week, the contest was almost a secondary issue. They got the balance wrong and it became unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

patmac wrote: »
    Thank God the show was just one big add campaign for Renault, I also think the UK Apprentice is losing it's edge as well.

Check out the US one better than it ever was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DkZQ0vQcV8

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Whats ruined the format in my opinion, is the change from being an "Apprentice" to being a "business" partner. And the same is effecting the UK version.
    Firstly, what is the point of 12 weeks of "tasks" if these tasks have no relationship with the business idea that the person has? It is plain to see that it doesnt really matter how "badly" these people do in tasks, once Bill or Alan are interested in their business idea.
    Secondly, the quality of the business ideas on both apprentices last time out was comical in the extreme. Pure daft.
    The PPP in the Irish version just got crazy in the end also. Took away from the point of the show.
    That and the fact that Bill hasn't really gotten a clue himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The bottom line is Cullen isn't as good at it as Sugar or Trump. The show is filled with his humourless moans. Also when they extended the show to 90 minutes it became very flabby - far too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

cha cha chapprentice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

All that product placement was a load of baloney.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

efb wrote: »
    not surprised

Me neither!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

By Season 3 it was obvious that the show was becoming car crash TV, and the editing was done in such a way so as to make us all go "Look at these people, are they really that stupid/incompetent?".

I'm glad it's gone. Now if Ireland has its own version of Survivor that's something I'd watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

PJTierney wrote: »
    By Season 3 it was obvious that the show was becoming car crash TV, and the editing was done in such a way so as to make us all go "Look at these people, are they really that stupid/incompetent?".

I'm glad it's gone. Now if Ireland has its own version of Survivor that's something I'd watch.

Treasure Island ?

I have notice with both shows that they spend more time around the boardroom/campfire than on actual tasks.

I want Survivor Skellig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

I remember Treasure Island, wasn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'd be sick, though, if the UK version were to be cancelled and there was no more Apprentice shows at all. It's one of those formats that, even when it's not as good as it once was, is still going to be more interesting than most other reality shows.

A year's break and a re-think and re-booting of the format might do it the world of good, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The Uk version won't be axed. They're currently looking for applicants for the next series and they are filming another series of the young apprentice too.

The main problems with the Irish version was the ridiculous amount of product placement, the fact that the winner will end up selling cars for Bill and also this year they did not pick a deserving winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Great it was an awful awful show. I know lifers on the dole who have more savvy than most of the contestants and seeing people grovel and sell each other out like that to Bill whatshisname was just pathetic.

Advertisement