Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Build €1200-€1500 Budget.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

That looks like one class build, but the RAM you chose is laptop RAM, so put this in instead. If you want 16gb (rarely needed) use the same ones.

I'd change the motherboard to this because of its great SLI/CF support at such a low price.

Any reason for the Blu-Ray?

And finally, the Phantom is a nice case, but there's better ones such as

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭robfullam

Yeah, I chose that RAM by accident. I chose the blu-ray for future proofing.

I want a graphics card that had great support with 3D. As i'm planning on getting a 3D monitor in the future. Is the graphics too over the top?

Definitely sticking with my original case choice.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

robfullam wrote: »
    Yeah, I chose that RAM by accident. I chose the blu-ray for future proofing.

I want a graphics card that had great support with 3D. As i'm planning on getting a 3D monitor in the future. Is the graphics too over the top?

Definitely sticking with my original case choice.

Cheers
    The Graphics card is perfect for 3d, nothing is ever too over the top in gaming computers :D. No but seriously its perfect.
    Unless you're running at 800x600 or something like that...

Just get rid of the Blu-Ray drive. It never really caught on and now that DVD drives are starting to die out they're being replaced by downloading services. Some people install Windows from a USB as its faster so they're pretty much useless. For example, I have never used my DVD drive except for two occasions; Installing Windows and Installing Rome - Total War as I had it on a disc.

If you like the case, then go ahead, aesthetically its great.

EDIT: By the way, you could change the GFX to the Gigabyte model, its €30 cheaper and has an unbelieveable cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Games are unlikely to be ever made on Blu-Ray for PC. It's all moving towards Digital Distribution through services like Steam and Origin.

Do you need 16GB of RAM. It will benefit if you are running multiple VM's but 8GB is loads. On the gaming side you'll rarely go above 4GB usage.

That graphics card is really good. Stick with that.

Also change the motherboard to the one recommended above. There's no need to spend that much on a motherboard.

Ah, I just got the 16GB of RAM as its cheap enough and i'll be running Virtual Machine Teams. As for the blu-ray I just got that as i have a few blu-rays at home and a good few games also. I got that motherboard as it has a good few new features and also has built in Wi-Fi and bluetooth. I'm going to consider the motherboard suggested also.

Has anyone used the case I selected? Looks neat but as regards space is it decent?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 iDementia

I hear mixed reviews about NZXT cases. In that 90 euro bracket though, the best case is the Corsair 500r if you ask me. It isn't as flash as the NZXT Phantom, but it's the best case for the price.

Think I might get that corsair 500r. I suppose its not all about looks :p

Advertisement