Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice shoot II

• 29-04-2012 2:35pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm working on a new date for the second shoot, but with such a busy year in terms of shoots at the MNSCI trying to get a free weekend is hard. Also the one or two weekends that are available fall on public holidays, etc and from previous experience turnout for shoots held on such weekends are always poor to non existent.

I will keep working on a date over the next couple of weeks, and run it past the lads at the MNSCI. In the meantime it might be beneficial to see what kind of interest in one is out there. So if you are interested just post a yes, and if the numbers are there we can run with one asap.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 go faster

yes im in maybe we could go for the 1000 yard mark would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RayzorT3

Yes. I'd go back again no bother. I'll just start stock pilling the ammo again.:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

go faster wrote: »
    ........ maybe we could go for the 1000 yard mark would be great
    Might work for some, but the majority would not have the rifle, gear for 1,000 yards. 600 is the best option to allow all to get a go however we will see how many have the ability to shoot further, and if possible there could be a few shots at longer distances organised or if not possible on the day hold a day for those with the appropriate gear to shoot the longer distances.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 go faster

sounds good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭223Shooter

go faster wrote: »
    sounds good

+1

I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I'm in if it's on in June. Gonna be too busy with work until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

yep , count me in :D

ian ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Count me in will my gear be ok?
    Remmy 700 SPS .270
    Burris Fulfield ii 4.5-14X42
    Harris 9-13 swivle
    Licence for 100 rounds:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Count me in,if i am not working ill be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭roosman

count me in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 spudy1991

me 2

Splitting out all posts from the old thread into a new one to keep things tidy.
    Count me in will my gear be ok?
    Remmy 700 SPS .270
    Burris Fulfield ii 4.5-14X42
    Harris 9-13 swivle
    Licence for 100 rounds:cool::cool:
    That'll be just fine for 600 yards. Might be a little low on the mag side (scope) for anything further, but i still haven't set a date or distance yet so no point in worrying.

I'm keeping track of all the names so keep them coming. There should be no surprises in relation to dates. I'll give plenty of notice so everyone can make the necessary arrangements or excuses as the case applies.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Put me in again for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

I would love to be involved in another shoot. The last day was the best days shooting I've ever done.

Thanks ezridax I know you must put a lot of time into organising the shoots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Very interested, just depends on the date....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Date dependant, waiting for a few bits to come from the states for the rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Might do this myself for the trigger time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Im interested also.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Galway Elvis

Add me to the list.

Got all the names so far. hoping to settle on a date by this weekend.

Keep them coming lads/ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Count me in,depending on the date and work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Date dependent, but sign me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Plus myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

I will be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

Count me in please

Just a quick update.

At the moment the range is undergoing a face lift with new target systems being installed, and the regular maintenance. As such it's hard to narrow down a date until we have everything ready to go.

The Creedmoor range is still operational, but as some lads may not have the rifles to reach 800 or further 600 yard is the better distance. Plus the Creedmoor range can "catch" experienced shooters so it would not be fair to ask someone unfamiliar to shoot in such conditions. Also most rifles will need MOA inclined rails, better scopes, etc to shoot past 600, and to ask someone to buy all this for a days shooting would be unfair.

The idea of the novice days are to allow those interested in F-Class the opportunity to try it out with the current set up they have, and if they like it then they may buy the necessary gear, and continue on in full time shooting/training.

So i will stay on top of the situation and when a date becomes available i'll post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Any update on this event ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Hi CS,

The 600 yard range is still undergoing a face lift. The target boards are being replaced from the swinging type to the up and down type like the Creedmoor range (800-1000 yard range)

Once this has been done it will be easier to narrow down a date.

As dev110 said the new targets boards on the 600 yard range (Windmill) are being done. They are labour intensive but will be worth it.

As i said above it wouldn't be fair to hold a shoot at 800 as this would exclude a lot of lads, and ladies that do not have the rifles to shoot at these distances. While 15-18 minutes get most any rifle of any caliber out to 600 when you jump to 800+ the MOA needed increases significantly, and it would also be unfair to ask people to upgrade their set up for a single shoot.

Now if we get enough interest in 800 yards, and people can guarantee that they can reach these distances then i could look into getting a smaller shoot organised for this distance. What you would need is a rifle/scope set up with a minimum of 25MOA (that's 100 clicks) form your 100 yard zero. This is a minimum. It is also caliber specific. IOW some caliber will definitely reach 800 with this as a minimum adjustment, but others, especially using hunting designated ammo, will struggle.

So have a check, and let me know if anyone is interested, and if so i'll see what can be organised. Again no promises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭223Shooter

You can count me in for both Ez, thanks again! :)

Advertisement