Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Meet up for new arrivals...

Options
  • 15-05-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey everyone,I'm arriving in Toronto 2nd week of June from Cork,just wondering if there's a group set up for new arrivals to meet people and make new friends,or if there's anyone travelling around same time maybe we could all meet up for a drink.I'm male 32 travelling over on my own but have friends in Toronto allready,I know the Maddison is a great bar......:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

There is a group on Facebook called irish and new in Toronto and I think they do a few meet ups every now and then and different irish activities like gaa and people just looking to go for a pint with someone hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

hi newadventure im also 32 been here since sept in Toronto i have contacts in the Irish accommodation of Toronto but i myself do need a few friends as mine seem to have either gone home or moved on. send me an PM and we can arrange a meetup maybe we can get a few more together for a few drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

jjbrien wrote: »
    hi newadventure im also 32 been here since sept in Toronto i have contacts in the Irish accommodation of Toronto but i myself do need a few friends as mine seem to have either gone home or moved on. send me an PM and we can arrange a meetup maybe we can get a few more together for a few drinks

I would be up for that as well. I've been in Toronto for a year now and like you a lot of my friends have gone back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 newadventure

sounds good,at least I'll have a piss-up to look forward to :)....where do you all drink??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

sounds good,at least I'll have a piss-up to look forward to :)....where do you all drink??

I don't have a particular spot, but mainly near College Street, Downtown and West of Yonge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

could do Mc Veighs all new arrivals need to visit it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jpk1980

broadview danforth cosy 2 bed apartment avelible from mid october furnished laundry cable internet included 3minutes walk from subway 1100 per month more info call6474000557 after 6pm please

• Registered Users Posts: 16 eim

jpk1980 wrote: »
    broadview danforth cosy 2 bed apartment avelible from mid october furnished laundry cable internet included 3minutes walk from subway 1100 per month more info call6474000557 after 6pm please

I'd be interested in this but I'd need a roomate if anyone else is interested.

Advertisement