Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTI

Options
  • 15-05-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I just got a text from GTI (galway technical institute) saying my appointment is soon (22nd at 11:00)
    Has anybody got a clue as to what its about and what kind of questions will be asked? Is it a strict thing or is it more relaxed where they just ask me general questions? How long *should* the interview take and when will I know whether I got a place or not?
    One more Q, when do I have to pay for the course and is it in one go or 2-3 payments?
    I applied for IT and I don't know anyone who has been to gti so its why I am asking here. I did search this but most threads are over a yr old so I just want to be sure I have up to date info
    thanks very much in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Usually it interviews like this they will ask ry basic questions. Your leaving cert results, if you are still in school thy might ask what your favorite subjects are, hobbies, what you think you'll get out of this course, what do you think this course is all about, why you are interested in this course etc

Usually interviews will last for around 15 minutes but it really depends on the interviewer.

As for payments the best bet would to look on the gti website and it will probably be mentioned there.

Good luck OP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 michaelmckay

hey I actually did the it course this year so i thought it wud help, the main question they will ask is y did u pick this course what subject in the modual interests u the most where do you see yourself heading after this course.
    your interviewer will either be garry cox or suzanne kenny i will say garry is really to the point so make sure u can fully answer any questions suzanne is a caffeine addict and keeps it brief if u get garry cox talk about ur intrest in java programming and also computer architecter with suzanne she keeps it simple.
    what u need to brian on the day is your passport with a photocopy and ur birth cert with a photocopy 2 passport photos and any examination results with photocopies
    your modules will be
    computer programming (java )
    software development (java)
    communications
    work experience
    internet
    database methods
    spreadsheets
    maths (optional)
    and also webpage design (i recommend u use w3chools to learn html)
    around the 27th of june u will get a bank giro with conformation of a place at gti u must pay the full 255 asap
    hopes this helps any questions u can contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Thanks so much for the replies guys I'd best write these down and re-familiarise myself with everything so I don't slip up!
    I had no idea I had to bring all that stuff not to mention my passport is out of date, **** it anyways!!:0
    My interview room is room 14, any idea who it could be!?

If I think of any other questions Ill let you know I'm pretty worried now cos I don't have an in-date passport and my lc results could be anywhere.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 michaelmckay

my passport was out of date to but they didnt mind, well lc results they dont mind u handing them in til a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bohemian rhapsody

Anyone get accepted to GTI yet? Waiting to hear back from them and wondering when we will find out!! Hopefully doing music there...What are all of ye doing? Good luck to all anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Anyone get accepted to GTI yet? Waiting to hear back from them and wondering when we will find out!! Hopefully doing music there...What are all of ye doing? Good luck to all anyway.....
    Going for IT the interview went bad IMO though :(
    I've heard nothing back its sposed to be this week though that we hear back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DaniBear1503

Has anyone heard back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Twink555

Pre Nursing and Fashion Design applicants heard back today. Not too sure about the rest. I went there this year it's a great college. Usually majority of applicants get a place so I wouldn't stress..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DavidHT

Has anyone heard back yet?

I got my offer this morning for sound production :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DaniBear1503

DavidHT wrote: »
    I got my offer this morning for sound production :D

Ah congrats! Still waiting on Make up artistry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Amy111

Hi got accepted into fashion industry practice in gti and am looking for somewhere to live now cus I'll be moving to the city. Know no one from Galway so its pretty hard to sort out !! If anyone is looking for people to live with let me know! I'll send you my email then and maybe we can sort something out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bohemian rhapsody

Anyone offered GTI Music Technology yet? waiting to hear myself.When do offers end- Date. Good luck to all anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KATHRYNONEILL

Amy111 wrote: »
    Hi got accepted into fashion industry practice in gti and am looking for somewhere to live now cus I'll be moving to the city. Know no one from Galway so its pretty hard to sort out !! If anyone is looking for people to live with let me know! I'll send you my email then and maybe we can sort something out. :)

Hey, i got accepted into the make up artistry course and im pretty much in the same position as you, moving up from Limerick, I know a few people living up there but they live at the opposite side of town and go NUIG. If you're still looking for somewhere to live, I'd gladly join you!

Anyone doing the MUA course?!

Also, would anyone know where the best place to live GTI wise? slim pickings on daft,ie, there mostly out by gmit..but if there was a bus that took you out to GTI en route or something?! very confusing altogether

Argh, accomodation is hard to find!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Argh, accomodation is hard to find!

You could live in the city centre no? :)

Im trying, most places are refusing to answer my email/phone calls! grr

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jade193

Amy111 wrote: »

Hi Amy I applied for the Fashion industry practice and have an interview this monday what questions will be asked? thanks :)

Advertisement