Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Zyxel NSA310 disconnecting after 15 minutes of use on Home Network

Options
  • 15-05-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, posted this on the Zyxel forums but not expecting a response over there. Though maybe someone here could shed some light on it...

I purchased a NSA310 about six months ago and since the beginning I have been having the same problem with it. I'm only getting around to setting it up properly now, so would appreciate some assistance with it if anyone out there can help.

Basically, I have the NSA310 connected to my Router (Thompson TWG870) via Ethernet, and have it mapped as the X (music), Y (photo) and Z (movie) drives on my Laptop. When I switch the NSA on by pressing the button on the front, it connects within a minute or so, and I'm able to start accessing my files. I have all my iTunes music files on it, so I generally open iTunes and start listening to music or podcasts. Almost always (but not always...), after about 15 minutes or so it loses connection and I have to return to the NSA, switch it off, restart it and then go back to the laptop to do it all over again.

The most recent example of this was this afternoon:

16.43 - Turned on NSA310
    16.52 - Opened X Drive in Windows Explorer, no issues.
    16.52 - Opened iTunes and started playing a podcast.
    17.08 - Podcast stalled, unable to connect to X, Y or Z drives.

I'm aware of the Power Management option in the Admin screens, which (if I remember correctly) was defaulted to 15 minutes, but I've changed that to 180 minutes quite a while back and the problem persists.

Yzn0B.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this issue, or any suggestions?

Thanks,
    MJS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

First thing I would check is a FW upgrade with Zyxel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sup08 wrote: »
    First thing I would check is a FW upgrade with Zyxel.

Have the latest firmware on it and the problem persists, so frustrating.

Advertisement