Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRH vomiting bug status?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just a quick one. What's the crack with the hospital out there at the moment? Mrs Ziedth could really pop Ziedth JR any day now (hours for all I know) and I haven't a clue what's going on. It's just closed to visitors Ya?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

WRH visitor ban continues

A complete ban on visiting remains in place at Waterford Regional Hospital.The ban is a precautionary measure to curb suspected cases of the vomiting bug in the interests of patient care. WRH regrets the inconvenience.Where appropriate, mobile phone contact between families should be considered as an alternative to visiting.

From WLR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's a pain in the arse..... cheers

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah it's still closed, however you will be allowed to go in there with your good wife, but unfortunately no other family members will be allowed to call out and see the new arrival, once he or she decides to come into the world.

Best of luck to ye both!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bluess

I am in Medical 3 at the moment and three people on the ward have the vomiting bug and from what i hear there is a couple more on Medical 2 with it.

It will be reviewed each day a 12 noon and announced as soon as the ban is lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

even if the place is closed down, as another poster said, you'll be allowed in to visit and stay with the wife and new bubba:)

there was a ban when i had my youngest and only my husband was allowed in but sure ye're the most important ones, everyone else can wait the few days til ye are home:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

There was a visiting ban when Mrs. Trotter had our little one and it was ideal. They both needed a rest and Mrs.T would've been fussing with lots of visitors arriving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

Me brothers ball and chain calved the other day. Total visitor embargo at present. The rest of the squealers are driving him demented due to no mammy. She's been in there for nearly a week.

In a way I can see how it's handy but herself has a massive family and my own mam will be climbing the walls if she can't go in. Which is worse they'll all be ringing me looking for info :)

Latest news is the band could be lifted on Thursday 17th as from what I hear there has to be at least 24 hours with no symptoms of the bug before the Hospital will reopen and no one was sick today. So fingers crossed it will be lifted and visitors can come back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

If anybody hears any change in status please let us know .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh there was a shut down for a few hours when I was in (traveller dispute outside hospital) and it was great, I was sick of looking at people! Just wanted to be alone with my baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Re opening at 6 today.

Great news. I know a couple of people out there and one lady who has got some fairly bad news. I'd say not having support/visitors at a time like that must make it allot worse.

JPA wrote: »
    Re opening at 6 today.

Most of the Hospital is reopening at six but Medical 3 still closed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

cbl593h wrote: »
    Me brothers ball and chain calved the other day. Total visitor embargo at present. The rest of the squealers are driving him demented due to no mammy. She's been in there for nearly a week.

You paint a lovely picture :D I hope your sister in law doesn't get to read this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So now that the vomiting bug is abating, can we start the competition to name Ziedth's first born?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Will there be another 'in labour thread' like there was in After Hours last week? :D

Advertisement