Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best venue to watch Heineken Cup and Champions League final in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Myself and a few mates are heading to Dublin for the weekend. Just wondering where around the city will be best to watch the two big games on Saturday?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the woolshed on parnell street seems to be popular. if i was in town i would watch it in grand central on o connell street but im watching it in harolds cross

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Kiely's in Donnybrook. Very, very good chance of bumping into Ross O'Carroll Kelly there. Roysh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Kiely's in Donnybrook. Very, very good chance of bumping into Ross O'Carroll Kelly there. Roysh !

Hilarious joke. Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Dame Lane just beside the Mercantile and Sweeneys are showing the Champions League Final and a big screen in the lane and having a bit of a do in the street as far as i know, should be a belter, always good craic when they havea little street party out there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

bigbudda wrote: »
    Dame Lane just beside the Mercantile and Sweeneys are showing the Champions League Final and a big screen in the lane and having a bit of a do in the street as far as i know, should be a belter, always good craic when they havea little street party out there....

Dame lane a crap pub though and cant imagine a good atmosphere for football matches......
    Best bet OP are the Woolshed on Parnell Street, The living room off O'Connell Street (best screen) or Sinnott's beside St. Stephen's Green shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sinnotts hate Soccer fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Des wrote: »

this. I was going to ask if they're even showing the soccer

They'll definitely show it, as they love money more than they hate soccer fans, but after the match is over they'll start getting snotty and kick people out.

The first people to go will be the people they are all to willing to take cash off while the soccer is on, but their money isn't good enough afterwards.

The Leinster jerseys will get to stay though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Des wrote: »

Didn't realize that, only ever watched rugby there. In that case I advise the living room OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Upstairs in TP Smiths on Jervis St is a great place to watch a match.

Big screen with plenty of smaller screens, Good food and never too packed unlike the Woolshed.

• Advertisement

Living Room for sure, it's probably the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Definitely the Living Room, huge screen inside and outside. Pitchers from €10.

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Definitely the Living Room, huge screen inside and outside. Pitchers from €10.

...and has more foreign clientele, so would be better for Soccer than Rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there'll be a lot of DIT students in there on Saturday, as a lot of us are finished exams in Cathal Brugha Street on friday. As far as I can remember they have some sort of end of exams party that night.

Advertisement