Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you make your bed everyday?

• 15-05-2012 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I always remake my cot in the morning after I arise. I like having it looking tidy and all tucked in so I don't have to fiddle with it at night. Do you make your bed everyday or leave your nest well alone?

Do you make our bed every day? 124 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    33% 42 votes
    I might on occassion
    49% 61 votes
    You're not my mum!
    16% 21 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i do yeah

i do yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

My maid does.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Gawd no. I wake up with just enough time to make myself mildly presentable and leave. The bed can stay as it is until I return to it that night :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

And I's still trying to verify on google if a lime is an unripened lemon, so this thread has provided me with a much needed distraction from my research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Mine always seems to be magically made every night.

Probably by the same pixies that pick up my laundry every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Don't have time in the morning for that kind of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

The odd time.. Usually make it right before I get into bed! Seems pointless but I hate getting into a messy bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the only time my bed is made is the moment after the sheets are changed. until i change the sheets again it stays un-made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Everyday without fail - with hospital corners too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Don't have time in the morning for that kind of nonsense.

I personally believe people who do make their beds every morning, have ****ty lives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

It takes me the guts of 7 hours every night to create the perfect nest of duvet, pillow and blanket. Why would I ruin all that hard work by making the bed after I get up? Leave it as it is, and the next night you can clamber into the most comfortable cocoon of cosiness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

No, I have never made a bed. I buy them fully assembled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Depends, if the cat lets me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 5ftGiant

jokettle wrote: »
    It takes me the guts of 7 hours every night to create the perfect nest of duvet, pillow and blanket. Why would I ruin all that hard work by making the bed after I get up? Leave it as it is, and the next night you can clamber into the most comfortable cocoon of cosiness :)

thats just made me want to go to bed now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Nope.
    It has to be reasonably straight for me to sleep properly, but I just sort that out once I get into bed. Duvet stays as I left it until I need it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

sometimes before a night out in case I pull. Only ever pull when my rooms in sh1t though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I will smooth over the duvet and straighten the pillows. That's the extent of it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

no just pull the covers up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PinkApples

My bed only get's made when I change the sheets (which is often to be fair!) or if someone is going to see it.
    Always felt like this was slightly shameful and icky, and that pretty much everyone made their bed every morning. It just never occurs to me in the morning, I barely make it out the door on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

This is shocking - just one other person makes their bed in the morning?

But it's such a small job, and making the bed always makes the bedroom look so much tidier, it's an instant pick-me-up in the morning... Seriously, the rewards far outweigh the efforts, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

No, I have the servants do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I always remake my cot in the morning after I arise. I like having it looking tidy and all tucked in so I don't have to fiddle with it at night. Do you make your bed everyday or leave your nest well alone?

...fresh straw once a week does me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I make it the odd morning.
    Usually though I just make it at night before getting into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I've trained my dog to make my bed after he's made his own .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My bed is usually reminiscent of a soiled napkin after a seven course banquet with extra gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 power123

yeah i do everyday

This is shocking - just one other person makes their bed in the morning?

But it's such a small job, and making the bed always makes the bedroom look so much tidier, it's an instant pick-me-up in the morning... Seriously, the rewards far outweigh the efforts, people.

I'd rather have the extra 5 seconds in bed tbh

do i fcuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Once every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

I was brought up to leave the bed open so that the sweat and any other moisture can evaporate.I still do this , I nearly do a full workout in my sleep because I move so much.I roughly pull the bed togetheher knowing most will be on the floor in the morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yeah I always do....but then again, it is only a duvet and pillows.....All it takes is a little bit of straightening out of the duvet and fixing of the pillows to make it look presentable...

It's not like back in the day when there were about 15 million layers of sheets which had to be laid out perfectly with the top turned down.............

........or something to that effect. I don't know, I was about 5 years old at the time and that's what it felt like!! :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

People who make their bed first thing in the morning are either in the army, or crazy. Probably both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I honestly never understood the whole bed making thing, yes it makes the room look tidier but it ruins the comfyness of the bed and takes time and effort. I never make my bed, unless like other posters have stated I am changing my sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Every morning without fail:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

No cause I rarely get out of it.

I was brought up to leave the bed open so that the sweat and any other moisture can evaporate.I still do this , I nearly do a full workout in my sleep because I move so much.I roughly pull the bed togetheher knowing most will be on the floor in the morning.

If your bed smells so bad that you must air it out every day then you have a problem :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

The only time I make my bed is when I put nice fresh sheets on it. Other than that, not a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I've made my bed, now i'm lying in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I never make my bed, because I basically live in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If your bed smells so bad that you must air it out every day then you have a problem :P

yes its called sleep farts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I try to make it each day. I plump up the pillows and throw blanket, duvet and sheet over a chair to air out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Just one blankey does me so a 2 second flick in morning and she's done wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

jokettle wrote: »
    Leave it as it is, and the next night you can clamber into the most comfortable cocoon of cosiness :)

Was I the only one who read this as "the MOIST comfortable cocoon of cosiness?" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Just one blankey does me so a 2 second flick in morning and she's done wha?

:eek::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

By making the bed do you mean picking the duvet up of the floor and throwing it back on the bed in a heap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

every morning i would do aswell just hate a messy house some of my friends i really don't understand how they can live in the mess they live in some times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I'm a freak who can only sleep in a made bed, if a bed is unmade then I will be uncomfortable and will be unable to sleep in it.

Strange huh ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

I make it while I'm still in it and then just slide out so as not to disturb it.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

If the gf stays over she makes it while I'm off breadwinning.

If she doesn't stay over ........ some other chick does it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement