Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you make your bed everyday?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Agricola wrote: »
    People who make their bed first thing in the morning are either in the army, or crazy. Probably both.

People in the army do not make their beds in the morning and leave it ready to sleep in that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Yes, every day. Anything else is just tinker behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

O-Deazy wrote: »
    The odd time.. Usually make it right before I get into bed! Seems pointless but I hate getting into a messy bed
    Me too :D ...tis very weird alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poll added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

And I's still trying to verify on google if a lime is an unripened lemon, .
    It's not.

OT: Yes. I only sleep under a duvet tho, no sheets. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yes

Two things I don't like being messy: My room and my car.

Everything else is a tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nope never.

A made bed is a haven for dust mites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Couldn't leave the house without the bed being made, I do it automatically. And it takes 3 seconds tops, so it's not exactly time consuming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MagicMirror

As I was about to reply to this I just spilled a can of mineral all over mine...

Sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Every morning, always.

Takes about 4 seconds and my room is left looking like an adult lives there rather than a lazy ass waste of time teenager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MagicMirror

Anyways- nope, I couldn't be arsed every single day. I once dated someone who did though, and had the most comfortable precisely made up bed on the planet. Pity sleeping was the last thing on my mind whenever I got into it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭ronjo

just have a duvet and pillow and still no....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Like others have said, only if im either changing the sheets or expecting to have someone over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Every morning, always.

Takes about 4 seconds and my room is left looking like an adult lives there rather than a lazy ass waste of time teenager!

What exactly do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I always remake my cot in the morning

how old are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I do yeah, can't sleep in an unmade bed.

I can never get it to look as perfect as when my Ma makes it though, there's always creases in mine but hers look like something out of a hotel. Bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

'Make your bed'? You mean put the duvet back on neatly? Or do you still use the ol' polyester sheets and a scratchy blanket thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ah nobody still has all that crap do they? I went to a hotel in Paris that had that when I was younger and couldn't figure out how to get into the bed. Sheets go on the mattress, not over you!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

My room may be a slight tip but the bed is the haven. I have to make it but its just a duvet and pillows with a blanket over the end. I can not sleep with a top sheet just an under sheet. The top sheet means you get all knotted up or maybe I have just killer sheets in my press... ah what's a few mites enough rats out in the real world when I do get out of bed that they don't worry me too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Every morn I make it the second I get out of it! Only takes 10 seconds to fix the duvet and pillows!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

People in the army do not make their beds in the morning and leave it ready to sleep in that night.
    They do during basic training ...unless you want to encour the wrath of an NCO or Officer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

What exactly do you do?

Grip duvet. Shake once. Straighten pillows. Bed made.

Im not 95 so I dont sleep with extra sheets, blankets or dress cushions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I do actually, and not just to hide the evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah. I hate mess and when I leave for college(I live at home) I always have to clean my bed. I always put away cereal and milk too, nothing worse than coming home at 2 or 3 and cereal being out on the counter with unwashed cereal bowls and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Making your bed after you've got up is apparently unhealthy....it keeps in the warmth and promotes dust mite breeding. A cold, unmade bed is more hygienic. Can't post the link from my phone but a quick google and you'll find the research on BBC news

Latchy wrote: »
    They do during basic training ...unless you want to encour the wrath of an NCO or Officer .

Certainly not during basic training. If a bed was made in the morning so that it could be slept in there would be big trouble. You know nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Certainly not during basic training. If a bed was made in the morning so that it could be slept in there would be big trouble.
    Certainly yes during basic training .If a bed is made in the morning it means the recruit has slept in it during the night and has made the bed up so as to be inspected by the NCO that morning '' all during basic training '' Been there, done that and worn the tee shirt son ..
    You know nothing about it
    Ahh but I do ...I do .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I always make my bed. Room looks so messy with an unmade bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

My office is my bed room (cabin) and I have frequent visitors so yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

My office is my bed room (cabin) and I have frequent visitors so yes.

What you need are some business hammocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I just roll up the duvet and put it aside for later when it's bed time again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I usually make it in the evening. :)

Latchy wrote: »
    Certainly yes during basic training .If a bed is made in the morning it means the recruit has slept in it during the night and has made the bed up so as to be inspected by the NCO that morning '' all during basic training '' Been there, done that and worn the tee shirt son ..

Ahh but I do ...I do .

No you don't... you don't.
    The blankets and sheets are folded and left on the bed in a pack during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I can't get into a bed unless it has been made, ocd!

Advertisement