Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gay Hitch-Hiker Dilemma

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

No, I wouldn't go that far, just bored out of my tits and decided to share a not nice and not short enough experience in the presence of a fat ugly gay man who was trying it on and for who I was doing a favour.
    Wha? Someone pays you a compliment and it's not a nice experience.
    I seen him again recently, out in the pub eyeing up mens arses...
    Would this be the same pub you couldn't remember the name of?

As Pedant alluded to, I think this imagined story is a foil for you to spout some homophobic remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

Ah, good luck folks. Enjoy your crusades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Gee Bag wrote: »
    gay married men who are in denial

:D That was class.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Do I detect a strong whiff of homophobia off this thread - particularly from the posts of the OP?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ok, I recently picked up a hitch-hiker on my way to work.

(I've only lived in the place for a short while).

He stands in the same place quiet often and I haven't bothered to stop to give him a lift. He's a bit odd looking too.

Well last week I did...so he starts saying straight off...

"Do you know the ****** pub in Dublin" (I cant remember the name of pub).

And he says, I go there often, its a gay bar you know.

I said "Is it? I didnt know that"

So he says, "Are you married?" and cos I didnt was to get too sharp with him, I says:

"Yes I am", and so he says straight back

"A Lot of married men are gay...etc..." you get the drift.

Now as far as I could see I had 3 options:

1) Stop the car immediately and tell him to get the *** out.
    2) Curb the conversation and stop the car a good distance from where I work (this guy is obviously well known) and say, this is as far as I go.
    3) Drop him at his required destination.
    4) There is no option 4 as I'm not a violent, abusive or homophobic person

I took option 2.

What would you have done?
    Not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Ah, good luck folks. Enjoy your crusades.

We will indeed. Cheers for the good luck wishes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Do I detect a strong whiff of homophobia off this thread - particularly from the posts of the OP?:rolleyes:

You know what they say about the homophobes.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

I'd be deeply uncomfortable with discussing my sexuality with strangers. If anyone does bring it up, I regard it as a sign of insecurity and immaturity. It brings back my last trip to Ireland, with old schoolmates. They are aware I am what I am, but I am not overt about it.

Of course, an acquaintance, complete arsehole, a bit of an idiot from my classroom of 1993 turns up. Starts talking about ****ing his girlfriend, threesomes etc. Now.....at this point.

I looked him dead in the eye.

"Tom"
    "Tom"
    (Raises voice) Mr XXXX

(at which point, 'Trigger' cops on and pays attention)

"Tom, how old are you for ****s sake?"
    "33"
    "Thank you. This is not 1994, you are not a teenager, and we all know what goes on in the bedroom. The difference is, most of us choose not to discuss it"
    (And went back to talking to my proper friends)

(I heard a mutter....'****ing ******'). Now......thats the kind of thing to really rile me up. I'm pretty placid, but I have my moments.

"Oh Jesus Christ, thats brave. What did you ****ing call me?"
    "Nothing"
    "Thank you, oh, just for your information SWEETIE, I am a ****ING ******, and whats more"

"I'm more of a woman than you'll ever have, and more of a man than you'll ever be"

(Pub starts clapping. And then I copped on that I had lost my temper in front of a bar in an Irish suburb, and outed myself

"Oh sh1t....." (sits down blushing)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

dermo88 wrote: »
    I'd be deeply uncomfortable with discussing my sexuality with strangers. If anyone does bring it up, I regard it as a sign of insecurity and immaturity. It brings back my last trip to Ireland, with old schoolmates. They are aware I am what I am, but I am not overt about it.

Of course, an acquaintance, complete arsehole, a bit of an idiot from my classroom of 1993 turns up. Starts talking about ****ing his girlfriend, threesomes etc. Now.....at this point.

I looked him dead in the eye.

"Tom"
    "Tom"
    (Raises voice) Mr XXXX

(at which point, 'Trigger' cops on and pays attention)

"Tom, how old are you for ****s sake?"
    "33"
    "Thank you. This is not 1994, you are not a teenager, and we all know what goes on in the bedroom. The difference is, most of us choose not to discuss it"
    (And went back to talking to my proper friends)

(I heard a mutter....'****ing ******'). Now......thats the kind of thing to really rile me up. I'm pretty placid, but I have my moments.

"Oh Jesus Christ, thats brave. What did you ****ing call me?"
    "Nothing"
    "Thank you, oh, just for your information SWEETIE, I am a ****ING ******, and whats more"

"I'm more of a woman than you'll ever have, and more of a man than you'll ever be"

(Pub starts clapping. And then I copped on that I had lost my temper in front of a bar in an Irish suburb, and outed myself

"Oh sh1t....." (sits down blushing)

Good on you man!
    Clearly you had bigger balls then him as well;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I do. When they introduce themselves I always grumble and say "I'm calling you number 27" The look on their face, priceless. :D

I roll the window down, look them up and down for a few seconds and then go,"yeah, you'll do"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

trollock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement