If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 inch Plasma ?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a black 60" plasma TV, with as many bells and whistles as possible.

What are the options you have? I've seem a lot of the LG ones around recently at very good prices, but I'm not tied to any brand once it looks very stylish (on the wall) as the room its going into is very very modern in design

My budget is realistic, and I'm ready to buy straight away

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hammertime wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a black 60" plasma TV, with as many bells and whistles as possible.

What are the options you have? I've seem a lot of the LG ones around recently at very good prices, but I'm not tied to any brand once it looks very stylish (on the wall) as the room its going into is very very modern in design

My budget is realistic, and I'm ready to buy straight away

Thanks

?

Hi

Is someone going to reply to my post or are you not interested in the business?

:confused:

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hammer,

ooops - apologies for the delay getting back to you and yes we are SERIOUSLY interested in your business :o.

We don't have many large screen plasma options anymore as Plasma's are become a rare beast these days unfortunately.

The one that would fit your spec exactly is the new Sammy PS64E8000 - however all that size & quality doesn't come in cheap ...it's £2999.95 (but I'm sure we could cut you a deal ;))

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ps64e8000/sams-ps64e8000

LG are also doing a 60" Plasma which is the 60PM670 at £1399.95 which is 600HZ, 3D, Full HD, Smart, THX 3D Display, 4 x HDMI, and a slightly lower spec Plasma the 60PA650T at £1249.95..

Apologies again for the delay and drop me a line if any of the above are of interest to you,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thansk a million for the reply John

When you say plasma is a rare beast am I looking at the wrong option then?

Basically I currently have a 42" on the wall and its just totally lost as the room is over 30ft wide which means your sitting about 25ft from the screen, I'm open to any tecnology plasma/lcd etc I just thought Plasma was the way to go with sports and movies etc (pretty much all I want it for)

Budget is about 1500 so could you maybe steer me towards what you think I should be looking at? I'm by no means up to date with the different technologies

Regards

Thansk a million for the reply John

When you say plasma is a rare beast am I looking at the wrong option then?

Basically I currently have a 42" on the wall and its just totally lost as the room is over 30ft wide which means your sitting about 25ft from the screen, I'm open to any tecnology plasma/lcd etc I just thought Plasma was the way to go with sports and movies etc (pretty much all I want it for)

Budget is about 1500 so could you maybe steer me towards what you think I should be looking at? I'm by no means up to date with the different technologies

Regards

No problem on the reply and thanks again for being so patient :o.

Plasma is an excellent option to be honest especially the LG at the moment with the 600Hz technology as it looks great on sports - LED is the biggest technology right now but again in 60" for decent quality you are looking at spending a few quid - we do have a Sharp that looks great at £1199.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/smart-tvs/sharp/aquos-lc60le636e/shar-lc60le636e in 60" ....

.....the other alternative is a projector.....€1500 will get you a superb LARGE pic via a projector - ever thought of that as an option??

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi again

I actually have a projector but its just a lot of hassle tbh, and ugly as sin !

:)

Just back to the plasma / lcd thing, if they are both within my budget which option you feel I should be going for ? I'm a bit bewildered about it tbh

What kind of delivery charge would it be to Dublin?

thanks again

p.s. Was this TV for sale for £999 recently, has it gone up in price??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78638956

Hi again

I actually have a projector but its just a lot of hassle tbh, and ugly as sin !

:)

Just back to the plasma / lcd thing, if they are both within my budget which option you feel I should be going for ? I'm a bit bewildered about it tbh

What kind of delivery charge would it be to Dublin?

thanks again

p.s. Was this TV for sale for £999 recently, has it gone up in price??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78638956

Yep,

it was on special over easter - but has gone back to its normal price - if it was me I'd go for one of the new LG plasma models TBH....

(projectors are much smaller and prettier now ;) )

Keep mc posted,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.