Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Tablets powered from PoE port ?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Not exactly a mainstream intrest I'd be thinking but has anyone found / used such a device ?
    How did you find it ?

Olddog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

0lddog wrote: »
    Not exactly a mainstream intrest I'd be thinking but has anyone found / used such a device ?
    How did you find it ?

Olddog

Id doubt that exists, I think the only couple of tablets that rock an ethernet port are some Windows 7 tablets and their just plain ethernet ports. No POE

I doubt we will ever see it anyway. It would be too clunky and big for a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The Cisco Cius appears to have PoE buts it costs silly money.

Here is a cheap Chinese tablet designed for wall mounting for home automation with PoE, what application do you want it for?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You probably won't find an actual "tablet" that will do this, but there are touch screen "thin clients" or "terminals" out there, and probably plenty that are PoE.

Google search for "touch screen thin client poe" throws up some promising results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chandu

Advertisement