Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech alarm change battery

Options
  • 15-05-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

Been reading your posts with interest, thanks to all.

I have an Aritech alarm (no model number on the keypad), and the low battery alarm is going off. I have taken the front panel off the keypad, but I can't see anything that looks obviously like a battery. there are a couple of small rectangular black boxes that may be batteries, one of whihc has four small wires attached. Is one of these the battery? I can't find the larger main alarm box that some of you have mentioned, will there definitely be one?

Also, have been around several stores trying to get a replacement battery. Anyone know a shop in dublin city centre which sells these?

Any help greatly appreciated. Have engineer booked for day after tomorrow, but woud like to do this myself if I can.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

richfl wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have an Aritech alarm (no model number on the keypad), and the low battery alarm is going off. I have taken the front panel off the keypad, but I can't see anything that looks obviously like a battery. there are a couple of small rectangular black boxes that may be batteries, one of whihc has four small wires attached. Is one of these the battery? I can't find the larger main alarm box that some of you have mentioned, will there definitely be one?

Also, have been around several stores trying to get a replacement battery. Anyone know a shop in dublin city centre which sells these?

Any help greatly appreciated. Have engineer booked for day after tomorrow, but woud like to do this myself if I can.

Cheers

The battery is located in the main panel not the keypad, you might be better of letting the engineer change it for you if your not sure of what your doing. You'll also need to engineer code to disable the alarm and even though it says the battery is low you could still get a nasty shock off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

richfl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheers

Have a look here for supplier close to you.

The best thing to do is turn off the mains, open the control panel, not the keypad. Take out the old battery and bring it with you to the suppliers. If the alarm activates just put in your user code on the keypad to silence it. If the system is dead and the outside bell rings there is no way to turn it off as the battery in this unit will keep it going till you turn back on the mains and enter your user code. When replacing the battery do the same with regards turning off the mains going to the control panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Richfl,
    Welcome to boards. I have moved your post to a new thread.
    Please keep the manual Requests thread free for requests only.
    Any questions give me a shout.

Advertisement