Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoes for 10 month old?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Looking for a pair of 'real' shoes for my 10 month old girl, she's not walking yet but does go in her walker an crawls an climbs on things so wanna get a pair of shoes with a good grip, anyone know where to go or a good brand?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

the Clarks pre walkers are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

definitely clarks but I'd leave her without for a bit longer.
    Apart from their feet growing so fast and her being out of them in a few weeks. its better to stay barefoot for as long as possible. gives kids more traction and feel for the ground which helps balance.

when you are getting shoes,if you think they are rushing the measure then they probably are.

i had my son in clarkes in Liffey valley a few weeks ago. she measured him at 5.5 which i didnt think was right.
    I called back in the next day , saw a different girl and he was a size 6.:confused:
    We found clarks in arnotts very good though. older staff and more experienced as they only do kids shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chickabic

Clarks are the best, so I would only buy them when the child is walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

Thanks, clarks seems to be the place to go! Yeah I was thinking it was a bit early, I've a big rug in the sitting room but as soon as she moves off it she just slides on the wooden floors when she tries stand up so was thinking shoes would make her more steady

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

is she barefoot or wearing tights? Tights/socks without grips can be slippy but barefoot they are usually fine.

I bought shoes early but only to get used to the feel. The baby wears them occasional in the car seat for example but not really for walking yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Socks with grips would be best unless you're looking for protection for toes on harder surfaces then i'd recommend the clarks pre-walkers too.. 6 weeks after they start walking is the recommended time to wait to put them in hard shoes..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

these are great for pre-walkers. They're tough and stay on really well and look cute too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My son still wears those soft shows. He's not fully walking yet and we were told to wait for about 6 weeks before putting proper shoes on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My daughter started walking at 10 months and her feet measured at just under a size 3. The only place I could get 'grippy' shoes was H&M kids. They do from size 1 i think in 'real' shoes. Won't break the bank either :)

Advertisement