If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panny GT50 or VT50

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭

Just like to hear Richard Sounds opinon on which is better?

My current tv is the GT30 and I want the above 2 to blew me away, so which in Richard sounds opinion is better for movies, games etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

hey Headshot...I am currently working with Kenny for a price for a VT50 (50'') and have done lotsa research on the new Panny Plasmas.
    There is no doubt the VT is the flagship and so better but by how much is subjective. If money is no object then buy me one....only messing...then get the VT.
    If you want to save and still have excellent quality I'd say get the GT.

My current set is the 46'' GT15 so am hoping the move to the 50'' VT50 will be a noticeable step. Bear in mind I think the PQ on the G15 is fantastic though so I am unsure how much better the VT can be but then all the reviews say it's the bees knees.

Read this excellent tech review of the 50'' VT50:
    http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-VT50-TX-P50VT50B-P55VT50B-P65VT50B-50-Inch-Flagship-3D-Plasma-TV-Review_282/Review.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hey Headshot.

There is no doubt that the 50VT is a king compared to the GT specifically in terms of picture.

The black levels are much superior than the GT thanks to the improved contrast and especially the Ultra filter that is used on the VT. The colours look better on the VT50 and thanks to the additional black levels, the 3D aspect is also a large step up.

The new motion drive also makes the movement the best that I have ever seen on a TV and with the added benefit of great white to black balance, the picture is both natural, virtually noise-less and very well balanced.

There is a significant improvement with the VT and my opinion is that it's totally worth the extra.

I love the picture in picture mode and the touch pad controller too, but then I am a gadget head ! :D

It's simply a stunning TV.

I hope this helps but let us know if we can help any further.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.