Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Must be a repeat if it features footage including BMI Baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Wow that ryanair flight featured looked almost empty, was there even a 20% load?

Airport staff came across well to be fair, means a lot to the area. Hope they maintain their record years growth into 2015 but sounds like it will be a challenge

I think that show was shot and originally shown quite a few years ago. Aviation dynamics in terms of necessary loads etc. to make profits have changed considerably in the mean time (although they may be showing signs of changing back given the significant drop in oil prices recently).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Thanks Lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Fado, fado.....2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

Great news for the airport, first ever pilgrimage from New York to Knock in August this year. Operated by Aer Lingus, I'd say there'll be a good few plane spotters out that day:

http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/pilgrims-progress-knock-airport-announces-first-flight-from-new-york-in-2015-30912436.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

cgill wrote: »
    Great news for the airport, first ever pilgrimage from New York to Knock in August this year. Operated by Aer Lingus, I'd say there'll be a good few plane spotters out that day:

http://m.independent.ie/business/irish/pilgrims-progress-knock-airport-announces-first-flight-from-new-york-in-2015-30912436.html

What aircraft will it be? A330 or B757?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    What aircraft will it be? A330 or B757?

Dont know, they mention 200 pax so I expect a 757, there was talk of a mech issue with A330s turning 180, it could be the leased 767 but its unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

752 AFAIK.

My assumptions are its the 757 from shannon, due to that aircraft not being used on Tuesdays.

My assumptions are its the 757 from shannon, due to that aircraft not being used on Tuesdays.

Tis daily in August so it looks like it's the DUB based 757 used for the EI103/102 rotation- indeed having a quick look at the schedule it would appear that's it

• Advertisement

Tis daily in August so it looks like it's the DUB based 757 used for the EI103/102 rotation- indeed having a quick look at the schedule it would appear that's it

Where's the schedule?

Where's the schedule?

Go to make a booking. EI103 operates West to JFK from Dublin on the morning of the 8th but no corresponding return flight back to Dublin, It would then operate to Knock instead. On return leg a/c will have to position empty to Knock then go to JFK.

Go to make a booking. EI103 operates West to JFK from Dublin on the morning of the 8th but no corresponding return flight back to Dublin, It would then operate to Knock instead. On return leg a/c will have to position empty to Knock then go to JFK.

Oh. :P

Looks like the arrival might be at a decent time of day in that case.

Just need another miracle at Knock shrine and we might get a weekly flight !! :pac:

Just need another miracle at Knock shrine and we might get a weekly flight !! :pac:

Its a long-shot tbh, but a weekly service MAR-JAN may be possible using the shannon based 757 due to it not being fully utilised.

With the weak Euro v dollar there could be an increase in transatlantic traffic from the USA, cheaper for the tourists.

With the weak Euro v dollar there could be an increase in transatlantic traffic from the USA, cheaper for the tourists.

If that is to happen it would be slight.
    In the peak season at shannon, US flights are often full. Id imagine the knock flights will be completely jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not airlines based in Europe which could lead to cut in capacity.

Aircraft routing:
    8 August
    DUB-JRK-NOC-DUB

16 August
    DUB-NOC-JFK-DUB

Saturday night arrival in Knock
    Sunday morning departure in Knock

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

Looks like Midwest have discovered that the BHX flight is cancelled. 2015 is gonna be a pretty crappy year for the airport. One has to wonder what their next move is gonna be.

• Advertisement

What? I have no clue what you mean by that! Would I be right in saying Midwest = Clare, Limerick, North Tipperary? They don't have a relation to knock, more Shannon. They (anyone interested) also would have discovered this a while back. "One has to wonder what their next move is gonna be". I honestly don't know what that means. I can't even analyse it.

Midwest ie Midwest Radio. They discovered yesterday that the route will be ending.

Midwest ie Midwest Radio. They discovered yesterday that the route will be ending.

Well I haven't saved myself from the embarrassment.

The New York flight is meant to be arriving on the morning of the 9th, according to a local paper.

People seem to be confident about having a new carrier on the BHX route for the summer season. Anyone know what airlines would be interested or will passengers be left to fly to EMA? There'll be no flights to the West/North West from BHX when flybe end the route.

The New York flight is meant to be arriving on the morning of the 9th, according to a local paper.

People seem to be confident about having a new carrier on the BHX route for the summer season. Anyone know what airlines would be interested or will passengers be left to fly to EMA? There'll be no flights to the West/North West from BHX when flybe end the route.

I very very much doubt their will be a replacement airline anytime soon. No-one is interested or has the aircraft. Simple as that.

I very very much doubt their will be a replacement airline anytime soon. No-one is interested or has the aircraft. Simple as that.

I would expect that with Knock having the EMA flight, Ryanair wouldnt be interested in flying to BHX. Shannon will most likely get priority but would Ryanair want to operate both MAN and BHX?

I would expect that with Knock having the EMA flight, Ryanair wouldnt be interested in flying to BHX. Shannon will most likely get priority but would Ryanair want to operate both MAN and BHX?

Let's just say Ryanair will operate the route from SNN if they get the right deal.

I still don't understand the decision by Flybe to end the NOC-BHX route after the decision to end SNN-BHX. The ending of the latter would increase the NOC loads significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

The ending of the latter would increase the NOC loads significantly.

Not quite, many of those who used the SNN flight from the area are now traveling via ORK.

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Not quite, many of those who used the SNN flight from the area are now traveling via ORK.

Many are also travelling to Knock.
    If you lived in Galway you certainly are not going to travel to Cork, and even where I am in Clare, cork is a bit of a treak for a flight to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Many are also travelling to Knock.
    If you lived in Galway you certainly are not going to travel to Cork, and even where I am in Clare, cork is a bit of a treak for a flight to the UK.

Very true, however I was pointing at the significantly bit. There wasn't that many travelling on the SNN route. The ORK numbers appear to have gone up, even in the quiet post Christmas period.

• Advertisement

Closure of SNN-BHX might add 1 or 2 people per flight to NOC-BHX if at all...

A few blokes I used to meet on the SNN-BHX run drive to ORK or DUB in the small hours for the early morning flights from there

Coincidentally 3 airports here will have lost their BHX connection by the end of the Winter schedule- SNN, Knock and Waterford

Advertisement