Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Any news on EMA for winter?

By the looks of it its still only DUB thats bookable from EMA for winter, so could be waiting a while for any news.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Knock to East Midlands now bookable at 4pw for the winter season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/image152.jpg

Knock Airport needs a €40 million miracle.

So they want more money on top of their yearly grant? Shannon and Cork aren't being gifted money to Invest in infrastructure, Shannon got money to service debt so it could more or less compete with DUB and knock to a lesser extent and Cork is getting no money?

What a backwards country. €40million would be way better spent elsewhere in County Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/image152.jpg

Knock Airport needs a €40 million miracle.

Sure...that's old news. That report came out 2 years ago. written at the time Shannon was being gifted a debt free existence. Can't blame them to ask for a Ball of money when they saw what was happening elsewhere. I guess in hindsight that was when Cork should have made its move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Who haven't they rode around the place the government the poor fools who use the facility.

I think it wont be long until the coffers run dry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'm sure Enda will organise a few bob for his home county.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Enda doesn't seem at all concerned with Knock airport, does this show his opinion of the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Without getting too political, I would reckon the locals in power will do something for the people of the west. It may be in dire need of money, but Knock is a useful link for people over there (there's probably not enough people for it to be viable) and it might be a mechanism on the run up to the election to get votes/or lose voters.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

A319 being used on the NOC-LGW route today. Will this become a regular thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Same last Saturday so probably a scheduled thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Its been a a319 for me for the past few flights over to NOC. Is it usually a a319 or the a320?

afatbollix wrote: »
    Its been a a319 for me for the past few flights over to NOC. Is it usually a a319 or the a320?

An A320 is what's scheduled in the EI website afaik.

It appears the EI236 doesnt operate on a Saturday which means there's no aircraft in Gatwick to operate EI911. Instead they're using a Belfast based A319 with a 1hr 15min turnaround in Knock. A320 scheduled for the remaining days and A319 on Saturday until July/September, can't remember which.

Flybe have their Winter Schedule released but NOC-MAN isnt bookable. SNN-MAN and NOC-LPL may have been the death of it?

Flybe have their Winter Schedule released but NOC-MAN isnt bookable. SNN-MAN and NOC-LPL may have been the death of it?

I'd say it's still early days for their winter schedule but based on the most recent rumours NOC-MAN is ending but being replaced with NOC-BHX.

My god flybe don't know what they are doing. They left when they had practically no competition and come back once they do again.

My god flybe don't know what they are doing. They left when they had practically no competition and come back once they do again.

Based on Knock, Waterford and Dublin flights it seems as if there's very little thought being put into route decisions by flybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Based on Knock, Waterford and Dublin flights it seems as if there's very little thought being put into route decisions by flybe.
    I would have to disagree with you but there is likely a lot of thought put into decisions regarding routes.

UK Statstics
    May 2015 (provisional) Knock/Manchester 2487 passengers; May 2014 2681; -7%
    Based on a Dash 8 seating 78 (Flybe wiki page) over an back gives 78*2*31 = 4836 seats available in May gives a rough load factor of 60%.

April 2015 Knock/Manchester 2369 passengers; April 2014 2149; +10%
    Based on a Dash 8 seating 78 over an back gives 78*2*30 = 4680 seats available in April gives a rough load factor of 50%.

March 2015 Knock/Manchester 2023 passengers; March 2014 1527; +32%
    Based on a Dash 8 seating 78 over an back gives 78*2*31 = 4836 seats available in March gives a rough load factor of 42%.

Feb 2015 Knock/Manchester 1596 passengers; Feb 2014 1368; +17%
    Based on a Dash 8 seating 78 over an back gives 78*2*28 = 4368 seats available in February gives a rough load factor of 37%.

January 2015 Knock/Manchester 1520 passengers; January 2014 356; +326%
    Based on a Dash 8 seating 78 over an back gives 78*2*31 = 4836 seats available in January gives a rough load factor of 30%.

December 2014 Knock/Manchester 2006 passengers; December 2013 1504; +33%
    Based on a Dash 8 seating 78 over an back gives 78*2*31 = 4836 seats available in December gives a rough load factor of 41%.
    1. They have no direct competition on the Manchester Knock route that I am aware of.
    2. There is increases year on year.
    3. Granted winter is typically quiet but you would need a significant increase in the Summer to counter this.

In the absence of the increase and you are struggling to fill more than half your aircraft especially when you can get a better return on your Aircraft elsewhere.......

• Advertisement

I have a question (Providing BHX returns at the expense of MAN):
    *If Flybe are acting in their best financial interests, or as you say getting a better return on their aircraft, why was BHX discontinued in the first place and not MAN?

notharrypotter, your load factors are wrong as its not a daily flight:
    Dec 71% not 41%
    Jan 57% not 30%
    Feb 60% not 37%
    Mar 72% not 42%
    Apr 72% not 50%
    This makes a significant difference to the proportion of seats sold. Especially for winter months this would be quite a positive load factor and since flybe flights are far from reasonably priced, they have to be making money on the route. There has been increases of pax almost every month except May which is due to a capacity decrease compared to last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

notharrypotter, your load factors are wrong as its not a daily flight:
    You are correct I believed it operated daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IWAK

I work at Knock airport and personally think it's the best airport in Ireland. It serves the north and west well. It sickens me that Shannon got a bailout directly from the minister of transport from the tax payers pockets, and on top of that we are now giving them €100million each year to run the military operations and boycott the north west. It's a disgrace.
    Knock has it thouf, its runs on its own money without any outside help unlike Shannon Cork and Dublin!!!. It's an amazing airport that will overtake Shannon soon as knock I'd where ppl want to travel from. Not Shannon which is 40minutea from anywhere aka Limerick and ennis, but knock has a shrjne on its doorstep and is allt closer to Galway its only 30mins co.psred to 2 hours from Shannon.

Why haven't knock run a court case against Shannon so that all the corruption can come to light? We need to make knock into a hub and support regional Ireland. Shannon is in a built up area with no support needed but knock is in rural Ireland and needs to be supported so that it can flourish.

Sickens me every day.

Aw thanks! I needed a good laugh today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IWAK

Aw thanks! I needed a good laugh today!

Shut up you Shannon fanboy you know I'm right and that's a very sad attempt to make me seem wrong.

You have said that Shannon is miles from everywhere, yet in a built up area, and got all your facts horrifically wrong, I can only assume that you are joking. If that little 0.001% chance that your serious is actually true, than that post doesn't deserve a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Don't feed the troll people.

IWAK,continue in this vein and your time here will be short lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

FYI SNN is just under 20minutes drive from Limerick, I work at SNN and live in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

IWAK wrote: »
    I work at Knock airport and personally think it's the best airport in Ireland. It serves the north and west well. It sickens me that Shannon got a bailout directly from the minister of transport from the tax payers pockets, and on top of that we are now giving them €100million each year to run the military operations and boycott the north west. It's a disgrace.
    Knock has it thouf, its runs on its own money without any outside help unlike Shannon Cork and Dublin!!!. It's an amazing airport that will overtake Shannon soon as knock I'd where ppl want to travel from. Not Shannon which is 40minutea from anywhere aka Limerick and ennis, but knock has a shrjne on its doorstep and is allt closer to Galway its only 30mins co.psred to 2 hours from Shannon.

Why haven't knock run a court case against Shannon so that all the corruption can come to light? We need to make knock into a hub and support regional Ireland. Shannon is in a built up area with no support needed but knock is in rural Ireland and needs to be supported so that it can flourish.

Sickens me every day.

Are you for real Knock is an hour and half from Galway, I have done Galway to Shannon in one hour as it's a motorway from Gort all the way

Advertisement