Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Any news on MAN?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Any news on MAN?

Someone tweeted flybe asking about it the other day and they replied that they thought it was only a seasonal service :rolleyes: It's possible that this is becoming a seasonal route in which case it may go the same way as WAT-MAN and not return at all.

I took the liberty this morning of contacting Flybe through Facebook, it looks like NOC-MAN is cancelled.

I took the liberty this morning of contacting Flybe through Facebook, it looks like NOC-MAN is cancelled.

That's disappointing news, they went from 4 routes to 0 quite fast. Only 2 scheduled airlines operating from Knock this winter :(

They had 4 routes from Knock? MAN, BHX, EDI and what else?

• Advertisement

They had 4 routes from Knock? MAN, BHX, EDI and what else?

Leeds, didn't last very long though.

Winter flights now bookable for NOC-MAN 4pw

cgill wrote: »
    Winter flights now bookable for NOC-MAN 4pw

Good news, seems the Facebook page didn't know much.

Flybe ideally shouldnt be making these decisions in Late July, as it may affect the service slightly for the winter.

Was it 4pw last winter?

Flybe ideally shouldnt be making these decisions in Late July, as it may affect the service slightly for the winter.

Was it 4pw last winter?

I agree, very late to be releasing the seats for winter. Yeah same frequency and days last winter.

Will RWY 09 ever get ILS or is it not considered to be needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm temporarily locking this thread until I get a chance to look back properly at it in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'm temporarily locking this thread until I get a chance to look back properly at it in a couple of hours.

Update :I've deleted all the posts from the last couple of days, it was all off topic nonsense and trolling of the highest order. Keep to Aviation, anyone else posting off topic nonsense will receive a one week ban, no warnings or infractions issued, just a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

After 5 months of growth at NOC, June numbers dropped by over 5%.

Will be interesting to see if they pass the August peak reached last year.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    After 5 months of growth at NOC, June numbers dropped by over 5%.

Will be interesting to see if they pass the August peak reached last year.

I'd imagine it won't, with the loss of BHX, CGN and LPA (and reduced season of some servics) it seems rather unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I'd imagine it won't, with the loss of BHX, CGN and LPA (and reduced season of some servics) it seems rather unlikely.
    was there not also services to Dusseldorf and Hahn which seem to also be gone ?

Not last year afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The lufthansa/germanwings service used to be to Dusseldorf then changed to Cologne afaik. The hahn service only lasted 1 season

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Is the New York charted still set to go ahead? Was it July or August it's happening?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Is the New York charted still set to go ahead? Was it July or August it's happening?

Scheduled to land at 8am on Sunday 9th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

What's the aircraft scheduled to land at Knock for the JFK charter? I may well be around that neck of the woods at the time and need to know if it's worth my while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

man98 wrote: »
    What's the aircraft scheduled to land at Knock for the JFK charter? I may well be around that neck of the woods at the time and need to know if it's worth my while.

It will more less be the same arrival/departure as the DUB-JFK-DUB service operates.

757-200

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It will more less be the same arrival/departure as the DUB-JFK-DUB service operates.

Thanks
    757-200

Didn't realise EI would be willing to fly that on peak season charter.

Not much else to fly.

I'm sure they will be paid handsomely for it. Also DUB has 2 other flights to JFK that day with EI alone so its not going to be much of a disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Thanks

They're suspending the daytime JFK-DUB EI102 service on the 8th of August and return DUB-JFK EI103 on the 9th.

Probably the quieter days of the week to do it.

lxflyer wrote: »
    Probably the quieter days of the week to do it.

With 98% LFs average on routes a couple of days ago, is there really a quiet day? That's my logic, because of the flight a couple of weeks back for the Special Olympics crowd to LAX. I suppose as long as they have the set up in both airports they can manage.
    Thanks for the input. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

With 98% LFs average on routes a couple of days ago, is there really a quiet day? That's my logic, because of the flight a couple of weeks back for the Special Olympics crowd to LAX. I suppose as long as they have the set up in both airports they can manage.
    Thanks for the input. :P

Commercial decision, someone willing to charter the whole plane months ahead vs the unknown of booking profile of a new service. Easy money

EI did not operate a special to LAX, the Special Olympics team flew DUB-JFK-LAX

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I see Croatia airlines are arriving from Dublin this evening and continue on to Dubrovnik! How long does this charter go on for ? Do they pick up in Dublin first or just drop off and depart for knock ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Locker10a wrote: »
    I see Croatia airlines are arriving from Dublin this evening and continue on to Dubrovnik! How long does this charter go on for ? Do they pick up in Dublin first or just drop off and depart for knock ?

They rotate between Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Knock each week (every Wednesday), with Dublin being the most frequent.
    It won't be coming in again until the 30 September.

Advertisement