Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Locker10a wrote: »
    Can anyone here help me out or am I really loosing my memory!
    For some odd reason I recall there being flights between Knock and Bournmouth a few years ago, am I going mad or did this route ever exist ?

No there was never a route between Knock and Bournmouth. Must be going mad then.ha.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

eastmayo wrote: »
    No there was never a route between Knock and Bournmouth. Must be going mad then.ha.

Haha thanks for the Reply ! I must be going mad! I was sure there was a brief period of Ryanair operating it ! 10 years back or more ! Must have dreamt it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I'm sure there was a short lived Ryanair flight to Durham Tees Valley Airport at one point about 10 years ago. Nowhere near Bournemouth but a similarly obscure English airport and quite possibly the oddest scheduled destination ever to have been served from Knock.

Was that maybe what you were thinking of?

I'm sure there was a short lived Ryanair flight to Durham Tees Valley Airport at one point about 10 years ago. Nowhere near Bournemouth but a similarly obscure English airport and quite possibly the oddest scheduled destination ever to have been served from Knock.

Was that maybe what you were thinking of?
    bmi baby served that route in 05 I think.durham Tees Valley. .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

When can we expect the 2015 passenger numbers?

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    When can we expect the 2015 passenger numbers?

No idea. Should be soon out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

eastmayo wrote: »
    bmi baby served that route in 05 I think.durham Tees Valley. .
    That would make sense, DTV was a BMI Baby base.

Passenger numbers were 649k to the end of November. Assuming a similar December to last year - and September, October and November have all been fairly similar to 2014 - expect an end of year total of about 689,000. It will have been the second busiest year in the airport's history after 2014, however as it is a year on year drop in numbers of about 2% don't expect any massive fanfare from the airport, there may not even be a press release.

2% is a pretty modest drop, pretty much a stable year. Growth next year I'd imagine, 2016 may just break record numbers thanks to Flybe's services.

You'd think they'd at least release the numbers discreetly on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Fair play to them - if they can even make this a semi-regular thing then they should make as much noise about it as they can.

I don't get the point of making noise over this either. They did the same thing with the JFK one last year. It's a one off charter flight, it means nothing more than that really.

People were mistakenly tweeting about it earlier today thinking it was to be a regular service of some kind and IWAK were retweeting the tweets. Ridiculous stuff.

Like, you'd understand if they put in a sneaky mention of the new Costa Dorado, Edinburgh and Birmingham services but they are not even doing that.

What difference does it make to the average Joe if there's a once off charter with only inbound Americans?

Anyone no which airline is flying from knock to salou with Falcon in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

What aircraft will EI operate on the Boston flight? 757?

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    What aircraft will EI operate on the Boston flight? 757?

The 757 doesn't operate to BOS at time of year, so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

The 757 doesn't operate to BOS at time of year, so probably not.

Would an A330 be able to get in and out of knock?

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Would an A330 be able to get in and out of knock?

It could land and take off alright, doubt the stands could take it though. They could park it remotely, not sure if that would affect OPS or not.

Its either the A330 from DUB or the 767 from SNN, unless they somehow schedule a 757 for the NOC charter.

There would be no issue with a 330. Larger aircraft like that can be parked on the apron when needed (which isn't that often), it just restricts other aircraft from parking on stand. However this flight is likely to be scheduled to arrive and depart during a quieter period so if it turns out to be an A330 it will be accommodated. My guess though is that it will be a 757 again.

However this flight is likely to be scheduled to arrive and depart during a quieter period so if it turns out to be an A330 it will be accommodated.

What are the likely arrival/departure times?
    Departure at around 11/12 is likely, not exactly quiet. Most (All somedays) of Knocks traffic is before 3pm on any given day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

Carnacalla wrote:
    What are the likely arrival/departure times? Departure at around 11/12 is likely, not exactly quiet. Most (All somedays) of Knocks traffic is before 3pm on any given day.

Arrival at 8am on the 15th, departure at 6:15am on the 21st, that's what's scheduled at the moment but could change.

cgill wrote: »
    Arrival at 8am on the 15th, departure at 6:15am on the 21st, that's what's scheduled at the moment but could change.

6:15am? Really! That's fairly early!

Just received an email that it's the 757 that's been used for this charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

689 080 -2% for 2015
    Anyone no which airline is flying from knock to salou with Falcon in the summer.

Alba Star, subject to change.

Guys, do any of you know what's up with the schedule of the LGW flight for the first week of May? The times of the flights are much later but then change half way through the month ? Will this be the revised schedule for summer ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Guys, do any of you know what's up with the schedule of the LGW flight for the first week of May? The times of the flights are much later but then change half way through the month ? Will this be the revised schedule for summer ?

Seen that mentioned on PPRuNe too.

Could be something slot related?

Seen that mentioned on PPRuNe too.

Could be something slot related?

I wonder if it's the new summer schedule? Guess we will have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

Locker10a wrote:

I can't see any change in times mid-May, the late flights are running until October by the looks of it except on Saturdays which is a midday flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

VLM seemingly operating some of the Flybe Manchester flights over the summer, doesn't say explicitly on what days however, but having a look in the booking engine some flights are down for 1hr10 min and some 1hr45, one surmises the slower ones are VLM operated.

• Advertisement

VLM seemingly operating some of the Flybe Manchester flights over the summer, doesn't say explicitly on what days however, but having a look in the booking engine some flights are down for 1hr10 min and some 1hr45, one surmises the slower ones are VLM operated.

Makes for something different to see at NOC, doubt pax will notice anyway!

Advertisement