Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

It's strange that they're predicting such a delay, I have seen the F-50 cruise at 300kn at times, which wouldn't be too much slower than the Dash 8 on short routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

http://www.thejournal.ie/knock-new-routes-flybe-2683289-Mar2016/

Good to see the Edinburgh and Birmingham routes reinstated from this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

http://www.thejournal.ie/knock-new-routes-flybe-2683289-Mar2016/

Both started today.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Summer schedule starts this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

http://m.irelandwestairport.com/newsSingle.php?id=61
    I see there's going to be a 5k run on the runway in a couple of months, a couple of things about that press release though.
    I imagine the practice of letting first time drivers from the area use the runway for practice is long since abolished so it seems odd to bring it up.
    There is no way the runway is 5k. I did a run in Shannon (this might be related to that as Bank of Ireland sponsored the last two Shannon runs) and in order to complete 5k we had to use the taxiway to RWY6, about 3/4 of the runway, the taxiway back right up to a service gate to cover 5k. I imagine to cover the 5k on this 2.3km runway runners will have to set out from the apron run to one end, turn, run the length, turn, and run back to the apron with the remaining 400m being on the apron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

It will be similar to the Cork airport run whose runway is not 5 or 10 km either. Apron, runway up and down then apron again. ( twice if you do the 10km)

I think the director is using poetic licence when he states "our 5km runway".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

In what may be a positive development, Virgin Atlantic are now codesharing with Flybe and this includes the MAN-NOC route

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

In what may be a positive development, Virgin Atlantic are now codesharing with Flybe and this includes the MAN-NOC route

BA now do the same on NOC-LGW

Locker10a wrote: »
    BA now do the same on NOC-LGW

I see a Costa Dorado route mentioned in the Independent helping to make it its busiest year ever. When was this announced ? i assume it can only be booked through a travel agent as a package and not direct through the airline ?

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/knock-new-flights-will-make-30th-anniversary-airports-busiest-ever-year-34583741.html

I see a Costa Dorado route mentioned in the Independent helping to make it its busiest year ever. When was this announced ? i assume it can only be booked through a travel agent as a package and not direct through the airline ?

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/knock-new-flights-will-make-30th-anniversary-airports-busiest-ever-year-34583741.html

Through Falcon, was announced here a while back.

A Falcon announcements is a valuable announcement, with the growth of the TUI group recently, its likely to be hungry for expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Does anybody have any info on the scrapped plane at the end of the runway. It looks like a 737 but I can't be sure as I didn't get a good look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

corsav6 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any info on the scrapped plane at the end of the runway. It looks like a 737 but I can't be sure as I didn't get a good look at it.

I heard of a guy that is transporting a scrapped plane to a campsite somewhere in mayo or sligo to use as a feature. THat could be it?

It's an old 737-200 I think, i believe it's used as fire/rescue training facility! I don't know where it came from or previous reg etc. Sorry

Thanks for the reply guys. It looks like a 732 alright, could only see the cockpit back to the front door.
    It's parked right at the end of the runway and easily visible from the road. Next time I'm up I'll try and get some pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Former Ryanair 732,a logo jet painted in the old Eircell colour scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

kupus wrote: »
    I heard of a guy that is transporting a scrapped plane to a campsite somewhere in mayo or sligo to use as a feature. THat could be it?

Nah, that's coming into Enniscrone by barge in the summer

image.jpg

Looks like a commercially built fire trainer rather than an old aircraft hulk.
    roundymac wrote: »

That's in Dublin airport is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

The old Eircell one is EI-CJD, it is a 737-200 but its parked up and used for training at Dublin Airport, just a bit to the west of the fire station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Jayop wrote:
    Nah, that's coming into Enniscrone by barge in the summer

6th of May. I think. On to the beach. Worth a look

billie1b wrote: »
    The old Eircell one is EI-CJD, it is a 737-200 but its parked up and used for training at Dublin Airport, just a bit to the west of the fire station.

And a good bit to the east of Knock airport, which I believe is the airport under consideration:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ha ha ha :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

billie1b wrote: »
    Should have looked at what thread i was on. Me bad.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

6th of May. I think. On to the beach. Worth a look

Yeah I plan to head over that day for a look.

Growler!!! wrote: »
    image.jpg

Looks like a commercially built fire trainer rather than an old aircraft hulk.

That's in Dublin airport is it not?

It's not on that image, I can see the black object your looking at but that wasn't visible from the road.
    The aircraft is situated at the fence right at the end of the runway, for anyone who knows the area it's right on the sharp bend at the old abandoned bungalow.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

corsav6 wrote:

It's a 737-300 ex YU-AON
    Here's a photo from a few years ago:
    http://postimg.org/image/44w0a4s59

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

This is a random post but I thought it might be of interest!
    Knock airport are opening the runway for a 5k run/walk on the runway itself for 3 different charities on the 28th of May at 7pm, you need to register and there is more info on their facebook page!

Talula_d wrote: »
    This is a random post but I thought it might be of interest!
    Knock airport are opening the runway for a 5k run/walk on the runway itself for 3 different charities on the 28th of May at 7pm, you need to register and there is more info on their facebook page!

Follow the leader I suppose:D:D

cgill wrote: »
    It's a 737-300 ex YU-AON
    Here's a photo from a few years ago:
    http://postimg.org/image/44w0a4s59

That's the one alright, thanks.
    Anyone know the story with it? It seems a strange place to store it.

Is it correct that the summer LGW schedule is the latest scheduled flight the airport stays open for ? I don't recall them ever having a scheduled flight that late before ? But I could be wrong

• Advertisement

Locker10a wrote: »
    Is it correct that the summer LGW schedule is the latest scheduled flight the airport stays open for ? I don't recall them ever having a scheduled flight that late before ? But I could be wrong

Think your correct.

Advertisement