Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

Locker10a wrote:
    Is it correct that the summer LGW schedule is the latest scheduled flight the airport stays open for ? I don't recall them ever having a scheduled flight that late before ? But I could be wrong

Going back a few years, I remember XL Airways having a fairly similar timing (if not slightly later) also when Aer Arann operated Knock-Liverpool the arrival was at 21:30/22:00 if I remember correctly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

cgill wrote: »
    Going back a few years, I remember XL Airways having a fairly similar timing (if not slightly later) also when Aer Arann operated Knock-Liverpool the arrival was at 21:30/22:00 if I remember correctly.

Thanks for that! I don't recall the Aer Arann Liverpool service!
    Anytime I used the XL flight it was the early morning one !
    It would be interesting to see if the opening hours expand over the next few seasons, I'm sure FR and other airlines would happily add various flights at various times should it be possible

Locker10a wrote:
    Is it correct that the summer LGW schedule is the latest scheduled flight the airport stays open for ?

I just remembered, from July the Sunday Birmingham flight will depart at 20:50 making it the latest scheduled flight from Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Neworder79

NOC runway designation will change at the end of this month from 09/27 to 08/26 due to magnetic vatiation.

NOC / IAA also implementing SID / STAR navigation, basically giving pilots set departure and arrival routes with far less need for ATC communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

Quick question lads?

Was dropping a couple of people to Knock this morning, when i arrived at the entrance barrier there were 5 Gardai present, one cam over and asked if i was flying anywhere today, i said i was just dropping passengers of and that was grand got a ticket, dropped the passenger off at set down and i proceeded for the exit.

I was flagged down by another Guard who was wondering if i was parking up, i said no just dropped of passengers and im exiting now, he said fine makes our job easier and waved me on.

I found it odd, i fly from Knock several times a year and have not seen the Guards present when you are entering or parking a car in the car park, any ideas what this would be about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

KMFCross wrote: »
    Quick question lads?

Was dropping a couple of people to Knock this morning, when i arrived at the entrance barrier there were 5 Gardai present, one cam over and asked if i was flying anywhere today, i said i was just dropping passengers of and that was grand got a ticket, dropped the passenger off at set down and i proceeded for the exit.

I was flagged down by another Guard who was wondering if i was parking up, i said no just dropped of passengers and im exiting now, he said fine makes our job easier and waved me on.

I found it odd, i fly from Knock several times a year and have not seen the Guards present when you are entering or parking a car in the car park, any ideas what this would be about?

John McCain is flying in there soon so there's a big police operation underway to be ready. I'm told the secret service will be there from next week on. They really should be better warning people of the potential delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

Jayop wrote: »
    John McCain is flying in there soon so there's a big police operation underway to be ready. I'm told the secret service will be there from next week on. They really should be better warning people of the potential delays.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Why would John McCain create such a stir? :confused:

Sorry, Joe Biden. Vice President of Obama.

I've made that same mistake a few times this week chatting about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Jayop wrote: »
    Sorry, Joe Biden. Vice President of Obama.

Ahhh, that makes much more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

It's in the advertiser that there will be more police and delays at the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

KMFCross wrote:

KMFCross wrote:

The Gardai are assisting with traffic congestion as it is projected to be a very busy summer. It was reported in the local press last week. Also I think it is Joe Biden not John McCain who is arriving soon. Unrelated though I reckon

The Gardai are assisting with traffic congestion as it is projected to be a very busy summer. It was reported in the local press last week. Also I think it is Joe Biden not John McCain who is arriving soon. Unrelated though I reckon

Nah it's related. There's a load of guards up there not involved with traffic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Any idea what time Biden is due in?

fr336 wrote: »
    Any idea what time Biden is due in?

I think it's supposed to be next weekend or after that. Not sure though, just rumours yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

C17 just landed at knock, some sound 😠ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

C17 just landed at knock, some sound 😠ðŸ˜

Do u think it will depart today.

Could be gone within the hour, ya know what they are like then again could be tomorrow, you should be able to get a shot of it down towards bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Could be gone within the hour, ya know what they are like then again could be tomorrow, you should be able to get a shot of it down towards bravo

https://twitter.com/scottcossfield/status/741575941646868480

Any1 hear did another c17 go into knock in the last hour.

• Advertisement

Anyone know why the gatwick was cancelled last night ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Anyone know why the gatwick was cancelled last night ?

Aircraft went tech.still at the airport. 3 engineers at the aircraft at the moment.

Aer Lingus from Boston in tomorrow morning 0900

Aer Lingus from Boston in tomorrow morning 0900
    Arrived to wet and miserable weather ! Anyone know when it's heading back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Locker10a wrote: »
    Arrived to wet and miserable weather ! Anyone know when it's heading back ?

Early morning flight from NOC on Thursday 21st July
    http://www.crystal-travel.com/_resources/common/userfiles/file/Boston%20Knock/BG3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI-LBS is back in Shannon now

Does anyone know when the new SID/STARs will be put into use in Knock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

cgill wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new SID/STARs will be put into use in Knock?

On phone so cant link/paste.
    Go to www.iaa.ie website.
    Look for NOTAMS.
    Download latest pib, its in pdf format.
    Search for EIKN.

There will be about 3 or 4 relating to EIKN.
    CTR hours
    AD hours
    MM is broke
    and
    EIKN SID/STAR deferred to ........

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/notam/docs/default-source/publications/pib-valid-160607-@-0555-utc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Knock FR17 schedule partially loaded

Alicante - Not Loaded
    Girona - Not Loaded
    Bristol - 3pw (No change)
    East Midlands - 5pw (No change)
    Faro - 3pw (No change)
    Lanzarote - 1pw (No change)
    Liverpool - 5pw (No change)
    Luton - 9pw (No change)
    Stansted - 10pw (-1pw, Wednesday flight cut)
    Malaga - 1pw (No change)
    Milan - Not Loaded
    Tenerife - 1pw (No change)

Alicante, Girona and Milan only operate in the peak season, so they are not loaded yet. If they are all loaded, this summer should fair well, only 1 weekly service lost.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Knock FR17 schedule partially loaded

Alicante - Not Loaded
    Girona - Not Loaded
    Bristol - 3pw (No change)
    East Midlands - 5pw (No change)
    Faro - 3pw (No change)
    Lanzarote - 1pw (No change)
    Liverpool - 5pw (No change)
    Luton - 9pw (No change)
    Stansted - 10pw (-1pw, Wednesday flight cut)
    Malaga - 1pw (No change)
    Milan - Not Loaded
    Tenerife - 1pw (No change)

Alicante, Girona and Milan only operate in the peak season, so they are not loaded yet. If they are all loaded, this summer should fair well, only 1 weekly service lost.
    Thanks great Info there. Will be interesting f to see what Flybe come up with in terms of scheduling, I assume the Gatwick will remain as present

Advertisement