Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sticker

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

i have a few of these NARGC stickers at home and im not sure as to put them on my car i have them with over a year and didnt put them on in case anti-hunters did something to my car. what are yer ideas on the stickers do ye have them on yer cars why? why not?

http://shop.nargc.ie/products/nargc-car-sticker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I wouldnt put anything gun related on a car..

Simple reason for me is, its very easy for someone to see the sticker when your car is outside the house or follow you home to see where you live. Could lead to a robbery. Houses have been targeted for just guns in the past.

Second reason would be damage to the car from some crazy anti although they dont seem too common here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well,if it was damaged by an anti.Simply find the next car with an ICABS sticker on it and return the favour!!:p

Not that you would of course!!;):DAfter all in fairness we dont need to do things like that,and by highlighting that the anti fieldsports Taliban damage your property it shows them in the bad light and for what violent loons they can be.

Be more worried that it would mark your car for an opportunistic theif to do a smash and grab in the hope of getting a gun.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Be more worried that it would mark your car for an opportunistic theif to do a smash and grab in the hope of getting a gun.
    That would be my only concern. that someone would be thick enough to think i would leave firearms in the car, break in, and do damage to find nothing.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Ezridax wrote: »
    That would be my only concern. that someone would be thick enough to think i would leave firearms in the car, break in, and do damage to find nothing.

A gob****e in Limerick did that a while back. Let a O/U and a .22lr on the seat of his Jeep overnight because he was going out shooting the next morning. Guards got the guy that took them after a high speed chase around the town. Not sure when this happened but the guy was in court this week for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Thats feckin crazy! I wouldnt run into a shop and leave the gun in the back of the van never mind on show on the seats!

In my old job a local farmer used to go everywhere with his rifle on the back seat in view of everyone, asked him about it one day and he said he shoots a fox nearly every day so needs it handy

Big defender pick up with RISE stickers and spots all over it, an invitation dor trouble if ever i saw one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

I had a "Protected by Smith & Wesson" sticker on the car for ages and nothing ever happened. Even in some of Dublins rough spots. I got some awful funny looks, but thats about it :D

EDIT: Was similar to this, except smith and wesson

2167044913_0cee63a7cd_z.jpg?zz=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Mike87 wrote: »
    I had a "Protected by Smith & Wesson" sticker on the car for ages and nothing ever happened. Even in some of Dublins rough spots. I got some awful funny looks, but thats about it :D

That would just look like a funny sticker over here tho, NARGC is a shooting organisation so would advertise your involved in some form of shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Was stopped at a random check point in the North a few months back at the time I had a NARGC sticker and a CAI sticker on the back window. Policeman was sound checked the licence asked what I was at etc etc, looked in the back when he copped the two stickers he advised to take them off as it was an open invitation as discussed previously for a quick grab or to be followed home and maybe get a visit. I thought about it for a while and decided that "discretion is best"

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Wouldn't dream of it, i'm even looking for a few airsoft stickers to put on the gun safe to try detair the would-be thief from making an effort on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Mike87 wrote: »

Like this:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Depends on wether you are no compromise RTKBA beliver or just belive that the 2nd is all about duck and deer hunting.:rolleyes:
    They somtimes put up better arguements and fights than the NRA.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement