Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

money money money

• 15-05-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one getting real pissed off about the lack of leadership, direction, or any ideas at all from this and other euro governments? I mean, here we all are, listening to people saying 'the economy is all about confidence' before they tell us all how deep the shit we're in already is and how many years we'll have to eat it for. Why oh why are we still listening and taking guidance from a global financial sector that got us in this f#cking mess in the first place??

We all know how hysterical the market is, someone farts in the middle east and the price of oil goes up, and the so-called financial experts are all eyeing each other to see who blinks first, because, people, they haven't got a ****ing clue.
    What we get are theory and hypothesis, guesswork and hopeful dreams, and 'we'll get through it if we all just tighten our belts for the foreseeable future'.

Bollocks. And don't think it matters whether you vote yes or no in the referendum. It's about time people started to wake up to the fact that we need to take the power away from the rich few who know all about manipulating markets but very little else. You can't manipulate markets when people can't spend. You can't sell sell sell when people don't buy buy buy.

We are in the unfortunate position of having policy dictated to us by a conservative, unimaginative lot of people who take direction from people with even less vision. They don't know where they're going and they want to take us all with them. Fuck that.
    Cancel all debts, put people first and start over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In before ABBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

At least you didn't use the term "sheeple".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

tl;dr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Did someone mention money?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

tl;dr?
    TL;DR: We're doomed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the beatles sang a song with the line 'cant buy you love, love, money cant buy you paragraphs'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

.. in El Weirdo's world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

tl;dr?
    Stupid stupid stupid people make up the rules and we should ignore them. Something like that. And buy Irish or something. Who the f#ck knows. You can read?

the beatles sang a song with the line 'cant buy you love, love, money cant buy you paragraphs'
    Paragraphs are overrated. I'm not in school now.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    In before ABBA.
    That's funny in a rich man's world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

It's the damn 99% that ruined it for the rest of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm going to throw caution to the wind and follow you to the ends of the earth OP

Now what do we do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Johro wrote: »
    Stupid stupid stupid people make up the rules and we should ignore them. Something like that. And buy Irish or something. Who the f#ck knows. You can read?

Only sometimes. I have a condition called 'selective reading', it's a bit like that male affliction, 'selective hearing' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I second this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Paragraphs are overrated. I'm not in school now.
    Back there at 9am though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

You think this years bad? Total meltdown's due with in the year, then it's every man for himself. We ain't seen nothing yet.........;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Am I the only one getting real pissed off about the lack of leadership, direction, or any ideas at all from this and other euro governments?

"Politics is the shadow cast on society by big business."

John Dewey (Philosopher).

Only sometimes. I have a condition called 'selective reading', it's a bit like that male affliction, 'selective hearing' :pac:
    Say what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

El Weirdo wrote: »
    In before ABBA.

For some weird reason that has put Steps: Tragedy song in my head :(
    If I start doing the dance I'm killing you.

efb wrote: »
    see you, raise ya a hundred

hondasam wrote: »
    I second this.
    I love you right now.

see you, raise ya a hundred

one fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Well this revolution has taken an unusual turn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Capitalism has filtered down and become so ingrained in society on every level now anyways that it's irreversable. you can see it in the charts n everything where greed is cool its disturbingly different to the utter selflessness of the previous century, seems there's a general un-consciousness any chance of a live aid or tibetan freedom benefit these days, inspired by anger at plights abroad no too busy inspiring financial or sexual self success by grubby means if not merely here to party. but funny how ultimately we sold our souls to go on the dole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

This is way more fun than talking about our government.

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Capitalism has filtered down and become so ingrained in society on every level now anyways that it's irreversable. you can see it in the charts n everything where greed is cool its disturbingly different to the utter selflessness of the previous century, seems there's a general un-consciousness any chance of a live aid or tibetan freedom benefit these days, inspired by anger at plights abroad no too busy inspiring financial or sexual self success by grubby means if not merely here to party. but funny how ultimately we sold our souls to go on the dole
    Jeez and they had a go at me about paragraphs..
    But yeah I agree. Mostly.

Notorious wrote: »
    This is way more fun than talking about our government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

You should organise Jubilee 2012 Johnro.

Maybe the third world will repay the favour we did 'em back in 2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Apparently economic suffering will make the country more cost effective and more efficient / competitive. Thats how the germans do business, i'm led to believe. In true german style, 'try not to take it personally'.

You should organise Jubilee 2012 Johnro.

Maybe the third world will repay the favour we did 'em back in 2000.
    Meh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

Ah hell lads at least get to the original...

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Apparently economic suffering will make the country more cost effective and more efficient / competitive. Thats how the germans do business, i'm led to believe. In true german style, 'try not to take it personally'.
    Yeah, well, let them do their own business. Not ours.

cml387 wrote: »
    Ah hell lads at least get to the original...

Thought about it, too ghey. :p

Actually,maybe we're heading to this.......

I confess I watched that on some english channel the other night. That bit is just plain creepy.

• Advertisement

I confess I watched that on some english channel the other night. That bit is just plain creepy.

BBC on Saturday night. That's what put in my mind

cml387 wrote: »
    BBC on Saturday night. That's what put in my mind
    That's the one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Am I the only one getting real pissed off about the lack of leadership, direction, or any ideas at all from this and other euro governments? I mean, here we all are, listening to people saying 'the economy is all about confidence' before they tell us all how deep the shit we're in already is and how many years we'll have to eat it for. Why oh why are we still listening and taking guidance from a global financial sector that got us in this f#cking mess in the first place??

We all know how hysterical the market is, someone farts in the middle east and the price of oil goes up, and the so-called financial experts are all eyeing each other to see who blinks first, because, people, they haven't got a ****ing clue.
    What we get are theory and hypothesis, guesswork and hopeful dreams, and 'we'll get through it if we all just tighten our belts for the foreseeable future'.

Bollocks. And don't think it matters whether you vote yes or no in the referendum. It's about time people started to wake up to the fact that we need to take the power away from the rich few who know all about manipulating markets but very little else. You can't manipulate markets when people can't spend. You can't sell sell sell when people don't buy buy buy.

We are in the unfortunate position of having policy dictated to us by a conservative, unimaginative lot of people who take direction from people with even less vision. They don't know where they're going and they want to take us all with them. Fuck that.

Cancel debts you say. So you won't mind losing all your deposits in bank accounts.

The fact of the matter is we are spending more thn taking in. Cuts need to be made, taxes need to be raised, it's simple arithmetic.

Cancel debts you say. So you won't mind losing all your deposits in bank accounts.

The fact of the matter is we are spending more thn taking in. Cuts need to be made, taxes need to be raised, it's simple arithmetic.
    It's not our debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi Johro,

No, you are not the only one. I agree with you 100%. The first thing that those in power should have done, was to invest the money to get people all over europe back to work and then they could fight over who owes what to merkozy. That is all it comes down to-greed and thats what brought this and other countries to their knees. Yes, I feel exactly the same as you and all that we can hope is that some of the dopes that run europe will eventually listen to those that know what they are talking about.
    John:mad:

Where To wrote: »
    I'm going to throw caution to the wind and follow you to the ends of the earth OP

Now what do we do?
    You make the tea while I have a think.

I said 'a think'.
    :cool:

I said 'a think'.
    :cool:

Are you still thinking. The tea is getting cold.
    John:)

You make the tea while I have a think.

Hi Johro,

I think we are going to need something stronger than tea now that 60% of half of all the potential irish citizens voted the way they did.
    Perhaps we should start getting used to german beer, I believe thats not too dear.
    John:)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Far too much democracy with too many voting because they like the way he/she talks
    . The People in Leinster House are like ourselves and that's why we vote for them . They resonate correctly and bertie had that "i'm one of youz " way about him.....so now you understand that politics is about making people feel good with reason in second place .That's all folks ! We need a good long hard look at ourselves ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement