Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driveway vandals

• 16-05-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

The council came around today and re concreated the bottom of my driveway where my driveway meets the road. It was all breaking up and could have been a danger for people if they tripped on it. That particular point of the driveway is not my property so costed me nothing to fix.

Anyways the inevitable happened and couple of young fellas pulled the barriers away and wrote some nasty sexual comments into the wet concreate right at the end of my driveway :mad:. Luckily I noticed it before it dried so I brushed the still wet concreate with a plastic brush to erase the comments.

comments were in big clear writing...

"Suck my d!ck"
    "F*ck you"
    "W@nker"

Pretty offensive stuff at my driveway entrance where clearly it is going to be associated with my house.

Sh!t heads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

is it wrong that I sniggered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

**** you wanker, suck my dick :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

They should've drawn a cock and balls.

Missed a trick there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

These vandals need some concrete boots and a trip to the local river

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm impressed they didn't have problems spelling words. We're getting somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm impressed they didn't have problems spelling words. We're getting somewhere.

And they included asterisk's.....decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

you should have followed them home and then smashed their back doors in one @ a time.feckin eejits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Thing is my house is at a busy junction aswell and everyone passes by it on foot etc. Would have been a disaster if it had dried in. Ye I can see the funny side of it now but I'm laughing because I escaped an awful situation :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 Sparklepants!

Anyone know how to get dry concrete off a finger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

1. Find a dead animal
    2. Cut off its claw/paw and place it pointing up outta the cement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

I don't think you're too popular in your area with the youngsters.

Dress more like Jeremy Clarkson and when your passing them, say things like:

"What's happening, the shizzle".

If that doesn't work ..

Next time you see them out and about when your driving; roll down the window and shout: "Cement ****!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Shoulda wrote Mondeos Residence with an arrow pointing to your house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

you should have followed them home and then smashed their back doors in one @ a time.feckin eejits!

Would be hard to do them both at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

If only it had been a witty observation. I would have let it dry in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Oh good, somebody's shadow. I'll just turn and brag about my work!

yarrrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

mondeo wrote: »

Pretty offensive stuff at my driveway entrance where clearly it is going to be associated with my house.

Because whenever you walk by somebodies house you always assume they are responsible for the swear words in the pavement.

That is actually how I judge people's houses, by how humorous and inventive the swear words are that they evidently wrote outside!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

The council came around today and re concreated the bottom of my driveway where my driveway meets the road. It was all breaking up and could have been a danger for people if they tripped on it. That particular point of the driveway is not my property so costed me nothing to fix.

Anyways the inevitable happened and couple of young fellas pulled the barriers away and wrote some nasty sexual comments into the wet concreate right at the end of my driveway :mad:. Luckily I noticed it before it dried so I brushed the still wet concreate with a plastic brush to erase the comments.

"Suck my d!ck"
    "F*ck you"
    "W@nker"

Sh!t heads!
    Did they not know how to draw an a?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

I would have been out the next day with the bag of cement filling in all the words with the neighbours and passers having a good laugh no doubt. :/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Where To wrote: »
    Did they not know how to draw an a?

I think we can infer from the evidence provided that these scumbags were boards.ie users. My conclusions are based on the fact that they inadvertently, in the real world, used exactly the same methods to get around the swear filter as one of us would. ie. using an asterix substituted for the letter 'u' in F*ck and the @ symbol for the letter 'a' in W@nker. Extrapolating from this we can assume that they would have done a middle letter reversal if they had finished the job and written, "Some boards.ie cnut lives here"

;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Op, Go down to them scumbags now and take a big dirty dump on their doorstep.

NOW! GO! your running out of time OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

To think someone would waste good petrol purely for that and not lift anything.

Like going into a bank with a sawn-off and roaring "Nevermind the safe! These lads are going to spray some stuff on the wall and we'll be off then"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Domo230 wrote: »
    I hate when scumbags ruin things for people.

Yeah - OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I've seen their work a few places around town. Quite interesting, subversive, yet cuttingly blunt. Might be worth something in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Domo230 wrote: »
    I hate when scumbags ruin things for people.
    Scumbags and their plastic brushes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

"Suck my d!ck"
    "F*ck you"
    "W@nker"

Neighbours from hell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

I don't think you're too popular in your area with the youngsters.

i would not assume that.
    kids are drawn to wet cement its just a target of oppertunity thing, im surprised if i was past a patch of wet cement and they have not scrawled something in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

CockPiss Partridge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Rape is never the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

When i was a younger fella i did that exact thing many a time. However i didnt use obscenities, usually my initials and the date. Its great when your work is immortalised in concrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

You gay bro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

GASMANN wrote: »
    You gay bro ?

"funnilenough", he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Least you got to it before it dried OP.

Horrible little children, should have all their fingers broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It reminds me of doing something similar about 50 yrs. ago, little did I know that the corpo. gaffer took his job seriously, and after having a few pints on his way home for his tea decided to check on the days path laying.
    I can still remember the shock/pain as his boot connected with my hole as I knelt down defacing his pride and joy kerbing laying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

mikemac1 wrote: »
    These vandals need some concrete boots and a trip to the local river
    Oooooh, You go Tony Saprano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

I love going back to my old estate and seeing the places I wrote my initials in drying concrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I love going back to my old estate and seeing the places I wrote my initials in drying concrete.

Must be sh!te concrete if it is still drying.

GASMANN wrote: »
    You gay bro ?

sure i'm flattered,maybe even a little curious,but i'm afraid 'bro,the answer is no.:D

a fat guy wrote: »
    "funnilenough", he is.

@ last someone used that,'bout time.
    your funny:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement