Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AICS Stock Owners

Options
  • 16-05-2012 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

I am researching stocks and find it hard to believe that spending more on a stock than the rifle is justifiable.

So how many of ye have an AICS stock? Is it really worth dropping $1115.99?

How do these stocks help with cold barrel accuracy?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

Im far from an expert brah but a stock that fits more comfortably will give better results.

Whether you need to drop €1500 for a "brand name" stock... well thats another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

FISMA wrote: »
    I am researching stocks and find it hard to believe that spending more on a stock than the rifle is justifiable.

So how many of ye have an AICS stock? Is it really worth dropping $1115.99?

How do these stocks help with cold barrel accuracy?

Thanks!

I had the none folding stock on my custom .308 and I loved it. I had tried so many different wooden stocks and even considered a custom made stock. in the end I went with the AICS because it was comfortable to use and had an adjustable cheek piece and butt plate.

I did look at the folding version but could never have seen a use for it so I went with the none folding. It was also the perfect weight to just keep me under the weight limit.

the one issue I did have was with the harris bipod stud on the front of the stock it was too big for my F-class bipod to fit. so I had to take it off and buy a bipod adaptor.

Im fairly sure I paid around 675 sterling for it and it was worth every penny.
    After i sold it i came across these which i think would make the stock even better.

http://www.victorcompanyusa.com/viperskins.html

TB26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

I have heard that the the design of the stock makes it awkward for using a back back when shooting prone,

I had one and sold it due to a change in plans but cudnt fault it apart from having similar issues with attaching a bi-pod.

Advertisement