Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polycystic Overies(notPCOS)

• 16-05-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was told yesterday that I have polysystic overies, but not PCOS as I don't have any symptons. She told me instead of having normally 5 or 6 follices I have 13 on right ovary and 14 on the other.
    She made it sound like it was no big deal but looking on the internet it sounds really bad, although most of the info is on PCOS. I'm just wondering what does it mean for me? I have regular peroids(31-33 day cycle) but don't ovulate every month.
    I have an appointment with the Merrion clinc next month but its a long time to wait to find out what it all means. I came off the pill 4 years ago and have been not not trying iykwim, but I am so confused now after reading all the bad stuff about PCOS and wondering if the same applies to me
    Any insight would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Audrey94

Hi there. I was told I have polycystic overies when I was 19 and like you I never had any symptoms of pcos. From time to time I might skip a period but that was it. When it came to ttc, it did take some time mainly because my progesterone levels were low. Although I was never overweight I followed a low gi diet for a while and I think it did help me to conceive. That and clomid. My gynaecologist told me that my eggs were immature and that clomid could help. I know all of the info on pcos can be very overwhelming but try not to worry. There are lots of things you can plus some women conceive without any difficulty at all. I have spoken to many women with pcos and polycystic overies and no two stories are the same. Best of luck with everything.

Advertisement