Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Questions

• 16-05-2012 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hey I'm really struggling with accounting my worst subject hate it and am blessed with a awful teacher :(

Was just wondering what question do people recommend on knowing really well apart from the ratios question 5.

As for question 1 would i be safe in just knowing a sole trader and company have had a lot of practice in them. I'm only aiming for a C3 SO any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

Q1 Sole trader or company, ... More than likely, but its not garunteed. Im hoping its anything but manufacturing aswell.

Q5 Ratios,
    Q6 Suspense, Its on the paper every 2nd year and it wasnt on it last year as a 100marker so it looks like it'll be on ours.
    Q7 IMO Published/Incomplete/Service/Cashflow

Q8 .... I dont know, its too vague
    Q9 Cash Budget, both types, the standerd and the "pro forma" one?

And make sure you look at theory, it is worth >10% of your paper I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Reprazent

Wanna throw a farm account in there to for 100mark, they are handy enough the only trick I find was like what was on the Examcraft mock.

They may not put a suspense on at all because they are taking predictability out of the papers. It's to difficult to narrow it down well but cover what Hoggy1000 said and you should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

If you are realy stuck just do Q1,Q5,Q9 and then hope that suspense or published accounts will be Q6 or Q7.That way you only have to do 4 questions and you can almost predict the budgeting and interpretation so your workload is greatly reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Chavways wrote: »
    If you are realy stuck just do Q1,Q5,Q9 and then hope that suspense or published accounts will be Q6 or Q7.That way you only have to do 4 questions and you can almost predict the budgeting and interpretation so your workload is greatly reduced.
    What budgeting questions do you see coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I think either cash or production or a mixture of both.Flexible hasn't been asked in 6 years so that's doubtful but make sure you know it just in case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement