Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texas Steakout

• 15-05-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations for the Texas Steakout in Limerick? Tis my parents favourite restaurant in Limerick but I haven't eaten there since my conformation. Going there for by birthday next week :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Was there 2 weeks ago for my mothers birthday. I found the service very good and the food top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They have a good seat meal for €19.95. There is a bit of choice on it but not as much as the a la carte of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Ate here at the weekend for the first time in at least 10 years, food was very good value and vert tasty.
    Definitely give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

My favourite restaurant in limerick by far, you can't go wrong here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

I was in there recently and got the largest streak they have, 8 or 10oz forget which, didnt find it too big at all, and it cost 25 euro:rolleyes: Its nice but not the healthiest place and expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

NinjaK wrote: »
    I was in there recently and got the largest streak they have, 8 or 10oz forget which, didnt find it too big at all, and it cost 25 euro:rolleyes: Its nice but not the healthiest place and expensive.

I agree with that. The food is fine but certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

great spot, been twice in the last few months, cant remember ever getting bad food and service is usually spot on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I had a great night there back in December. No complaints at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Do they still do Mushrooms Steak Mushrooms followed by Death by Chocolate, had to be rolled out of that place a few times back in the day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Smashing food, really like it there.
    Haven't been there in a while though, might pop in this week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Didn't think it was much better than average myself. But then I'd also see 25euro as an average price for a good fillet steak out.

Different strokes for different folks, step up from your average carvery and fine for a casual meal, but I wouldn't be raving about it personally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

langdang wrote: »
    Didn't think it was much better than average myself. But then I'd also see 25euro as an average price for a good fillet steak out.

Different strokes for different folks, step up from your average carvery and fine for a casual meal, but I wouldn't be raving about it personally!

Have to agree. Its grand, food is decent but nothing special imo. Nothing different or exciting...its just grand.
    Woudln't be top of the list for a meal in Limerick for me anyway but whatever spins your yoyo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Went there last sunday. The service was great but the food only middlin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Haven't been there in a few months but last time I was the service and the food was excellent. Whether that's still the case I do not know but no harm in seeing for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Do they still do Mushrooms Steak Mushrooms followed by Death by Chocolate, had to be rolled out of that place a few times back in the day :D

Was about to ask the same question!! Havnt been there is years but I went there quite a bit for dinner with the family as a young fella and I can still remember the mushroom steak mushroom....got it every time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Just check out thier website.

http://www.texassteakout.com/

Set evening menu is well worth a go.

Never had a bad meal there.

Only complaint is that they didn't have the Mississippi Mud Pie last time i was in.

Advertisement