Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much of a Maths element to Chemistry?!

• 16-05-2012 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Is there much of a Maths equations element to Honours Chemistry?
    How do people doing pass Maths find this subject? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

shinesun wrote: »
    Is there much of a Maths equations element to Honours Chemistry?
    How do people doing pass Maths find this subject? Thanks

There isn't in my opinion. Balancing equations requires a bit of maths as well as a few questions like Equilibrium or Thermochemistry but nothing a person who is comfortable with Pass Maths couldn't accomplish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

There isn't in my opinion. Balancing equations requires a bit of maths as well as a few questions like Equilibrium or Thermochemistry but nothing a person who is comfortable with Pass Maths couldn't accomplish

I disagree.
    The syllabus clearly states in bold font that a PhD in theoretical physics is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

There is a lot of maths and calculations on the course, but they're not difficult. If you gets C's in pass maths without much effort you'll be able to do the maths in Chemistry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

I did Chemistry for 5th year and I was getting Bs and occasional As in it. However I found it quite difficult and had difficulties understanding it. I endud up dropping it at the end of 5th eyar and taking up Ag Science. I would give it a try. Maybe up to Halloween. And if at that stage you dont understand it just change subjects.. But dont leave it as alte as I did to change. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Heya, thanks would love to do Ag Science but most of the vecs don't offer it and can prove difficult to try and get project signed off.
    Will give Chemistry a go :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement