Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re route streaming MPEG 4 or convert signal

Options
  • 16-05-2012 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,

Little bit of help needed if possible,

The switch over to Saorview is on its way, i am strapped for cash as most people are these days & am thinking if this is possible,

My main PC has a WinDVR 3 card in it from years back when i bought it, it allows mme to view & record mmy TV through the PC, it supports MPEG 1, 2 etc.

Now what i am looking to do is the following,

The feed coming into the PC is standard PAL, i assume it is then converted to another format for display.

The saorview signal will be broadcast in MPEG 4, can i hack/trick the card to take the signal in through its port that currently takes in the PAL signal (which is coaxial and the MPEG 4 signal will also be carried on coaxial) and instead of it routing it to the default program it would display it on normally (intervideo windvr 3) reroute it out to, say, VLC that supports MPEG 4 on the PC for display?

I know VLC has a streaming media setup on it, but that is for internet streaming (i think), Is it possible to direct the signal from the card to another program that supports it?

Advertisement