Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Gallagher and his "comparisons"

• 16-05-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

I nearly fell down in shock yesterday when I looked at this goon comparing what happened to him to the catholic church and the abuse issue.

How dare he? Has he got any idea of reality at all.

I always knew he was sleezy, but he has gone below the below with this one.

The fact of the matter is, he screwed up HIS OWN ANSWER. He should have been well able to handle he question/tweed if he was indeed innocent of it. He cracked. He wants to blame everyone else. But to bring in the abused children and the church, to justify his inability to get his story straight.

Low, very low. glad he's not my president.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DonnaHay

this man would have been a seer, a shaman priest... possibly a leader. In our world, he's a shoe peddler, and lives in the shadows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sean Gallagher, is there anyone out there in politics in Ireland that loves themselves more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm sick of listening to his irritating voice. Every time he speaks I just want to kill him. I wish he'd just fcuk off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Love him or hate him the fact is that he was royally shafted by RTE, and that was the view of Broadcasting Authority, so he has a point.
    BTW OP he merely made an analogy between the arrogance of RTE in dealing with his, now proven to be valid, complaint and the arrogance of the church years ago in dealing with victims of abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Well it isn't easy being a thumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poor cue ball:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Biggins wrote: »
    Sean Gallagher, is there anyone out there in politics in Ireland that loves themselves more?
    Lucinda Creighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Possibly Bertie?

BTW, haven't heard of him fúcking up lately. What gives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Lucinda Creighton.

Would ya?

the_syco wrote: »
    Possibly Bertie?

Could be busy either with his Swiss bank or in Nigeria getting another 40K for speaking more rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Who does he think he is anyway? Self promotion at it's best with this lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Phew! What a narrow escape our nation had when Martin McGuinness lamped that recycled and rebranded Fianna Fail bagman and kept him out of the Aras!:D

Talk about sour grapes. And what a capacity for whinging. His sheer effrontery in comparing himself to the victims of the kiddy-fiddler priests is beyond breathtaking.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He nearly won an election under false pretences, but he didn't. Now it is finally time to get in line and support the honest man who did and who is our head of state. Sean Gallagher, it's way past time for you to recognise the reality and say "I'm out". And then find a nice little rock to slither back under.:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

enviro wrote: »
    Would ya?
    Yes.

Yes I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

lividduck wrote: »
    Love him or hate him the fact is that he was royally shafted by RTE, and that was the view of Broadcasting Authority, so he has a point.
    BTW OP he merely made an analogy between the arrogance of RTE in dealing with his, now proven to be valid, complaint and the arrogance of the church years ago in dealing with victims of abuse.

wrong....he was shafted by himself and his inability to hide the fact that, although the tweet was incorrect - it showed that he had some dealings that he didn't want the public to know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

So does this mean we owe Martin McGuinness a big thanks.......................bloody conflicted now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

the_syco wrote: »
    Possibly Bertie?

Could be busy either with his Swiss bank or in Nigeria getting another 40K for speaking more rubbish!

He's back driving an '08 car now is 'our' Bertie, apparently he had to resit his driving test too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Love him or hate him the fact is that he was royally shafted by RTE...

They did the nation some service...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Phew! What a narrow escape our nation had when Martin McGuinness lamped that recycled and rebranded Fianna Fail bagman and kept him out of the Aras!:D

It was RTE/Pat Kenny who 'lamped' Gallagher, not McGuinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

No time for the guy, but I don't know how RTE's behaviour can sit easy with anyone.

c_man wrote: »
    No time for the guy, but I don't know how RTE's behaviour can sit easy with anyone.

Its RTE, their behaviour in a lot of cases, has much to answer for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Seriously, wooptie-fcuking-do that RTE read out an unfair or unsubstantiated tweet. Its nothing, a blip, a who cares, the newspapers print retractions practically every other day.

The fact that these IS such a hubub about this is the shocking thing, not that it was read out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yes he was mistreated by RTÉ, but his comments were very insensitive. He's shown himself time and again to be a fool and a windbag. I'm still embarrassed he managed to do as well as he did in the elections despite not knowing a single thing about the constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Thank God Mussolini didn't get the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I don't believe that RTEs incompetence amounted to a shafting, they should not have announced/published an unverified statement but it was one display of many which is in line with their unchallenged arrogance as 'The National Broadcaster'. Mission to prey is another one in the headlamps at the moment.

It was Gallaghers certain knowledge that it could be true that felled him, if he had never been a FF bagman he could have confidently faced down that tweet.

If RTE really had tried to shaft him he'd probably be president now.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The man is a contemporary of the most corrupt Taoiseach since Haughey.

Is it any wonder he has a neck like a jockey's bollix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Because of RTE, Pat Kenny, Martin McGuinness, Twitter, television and the Frontline audience, Ireland has been deprived of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpUpR4P7eu8

I hope they are proud of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

Some very blinkered people in this thread who apparently have no qualms about somebody getting shafted by supposed indiscriminate broadcasting so long as they don't like him personally. :rolleyes:

Some very blinkered people in this thread who apparently have no qualms about somebody getting shafted by supposed indiscriminate broadcasting so long as they don't like him personally. :rolleyes:

Correct - why don't we dislike him personally -> because he is a sham.

The man was so confused when the tweet was mentioned he didn't know right from wrong.

Do we really need to go back over his credentials? Charging volunteer sports clubs 5K to "help" with sports capital grants applications !!! What a saint etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Seriously, wooptie-fcuking-do that RTE read out an unfair or unsubstantiated tweet. Its nothing, a blip, a who cares, the newspapers print retractions practically every other day.

The fact that these IS such a hubub about this is the shocking thing, not that it was read out.

He milk this to the extreme too, The fact that he is still so bitter about it just show's what a lucky escape we had, RTÉ should be thanked instead of criticised.
    Gallagher is just after compensation now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The Nation didn't like him, that's why he lost an election - all he had to do on RTE was explain himself. What shafted him was his constant dissociation with FF only to be shown that he was in fact collecting cheques for FF. I firmly believe he would have done better at the polls as a FF candidate. It was the sheer two-faced brazen neck on him that shafted him.

RTE got roped in by SF - but should have checked their sources. But I have long since learnt to disregard anything in the Irish media until two sources verify it. Journalism in Ireland is shoddy at best.

SG also has a subtle "oh I am disabled - go easy on me" subconscious thing going on imho.

Uses to his advantage in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

He should have been able to answer/deflect the question, end of story.

His voice is too annoying and he is far too smug to ever have won anyway.

and

how much volunteering has he done since his election defeat

......... tumbleweed ........

ah well at least he made a personal appearance at the media conference the other day .... oh wait, that was to serve his own agenda.....

and wonder how much he got for it ....... I'm guessing he won't have many more events like that. The wife need not buy more ink cartridges for invoices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

'No recollection' Gallagher lost out because of his FF roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

The strange thing is that RTE correct in their assumptions but their source was wrong. He wants an apology for him being correctly exposed without a credible source, to me that shows serious arrogance from him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

He set up a business with a €5 million government handout. Even during the construction boom, it failed to make any decent profits.

When that went belly up, his FF cronies handed him a top job in FAS.

Meanwhile he went around collecting brown envelopes from them.

Then he decided he wanted another handout, by getting the cushiest top job in politics. He did that by playing the "poor little blind kid done good" card throughout his campaign. Never once did he mention a life led on handouts & riding on the back of others.

He's a failed businessman & a failed politician. What RTE did was underhand, but if it stopped that twat from becoming President, then they actually performed a decent public service for a change.

Sean Gallagher can go suck my balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I nearly fell down in shock yesterday when I looked at this goon comparing what happened to him to the abuse by the church on children.

The fact of the matter is, he screwed up HIS OWN ANSWER. He should have been well able to handle he question/tweed if he was indeed innocent of it. He cracked. He wants to blame everyone else. But to bring in those abused children and what the abuse by the church has done to them, to justify his inability to get his story straight.

That is an extremely low thing for him to say. Hes not have the person that abuse survivors are.

Oh oh I almost forgot to mention, he has it in for RTE, the very organisation that made him a household name and gave him a springboard to launch his bid for the Aras.

That sums him up really, what a sleeven, slimey, free loading, knuckle dragging Neanderthal he is

Think u played your last hand Sean

Sean Gallagher can go suck my balls.

What did he say when you emailed him that volunteer opportunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I nearly fell down in shock yesterday when I looked at this goon comparing what happened to him to the abuse by the church on children.

The fact of the matter is, he screwed up HIS OWN ANSWER. He should have been well able to handle he question/tweed if he was indeed innocent of it. He cracked. He wants to blame everyone else. But to bring in those abused children and what the abuse by the church has done to them, to justify his inability to get his story straight.

I was going to read until this!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Lucinda Creighton.
    Can boards please include a "multi-thank" button for posts like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

Correct - why don't we dislike him personally -> because he is a sham.

The man was so confused when the tweet was mentioned he didn't know right from wrong.

Do we really need to go back over his credentials? Charging volunteer sports clubs 5K to "help" with sports capital grants applications !!! What a saint etc etc

Irrelevant to the issue at hand. The issue isn't about his character, the issue is if as a presidential candidate he was treated fairly. Unbiased broadcasting can not discriminate based on who they think is a shyster or not, and in fairness to SG he wouldn't have been the only one in the debate that night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

TV stations in other countries would not have shafted a political candidate like that. Our television and government standards compare very poorly with the UK for example. No wonder everyone is leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Dry your eyes Sean. RTE already released this video of him doing his rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

He did not compare his treatment to the child abuse by the church.

He compared RTE's arrogance where they got it wrong. But hey as AH threads go you're on to a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

wrong....he was shafted by himself and his inability to hide the fact that, although the tweet was incorrect - it showed that he had some dealings that he didn't want the public to know about.
    Really? I went out last weekend and did shit I wouldn't want the public to know about!

Really? I went out last weekend and did shit I wouldn't want the public to know about!

Are you also running for the highest post in the land?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

so you ran for president did ya? :p

Is it me or is there an echo in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

The strange thing is that RTE correct in their assumptions but their source was wrong. He wants an apology for him being correctly exposed without a credible source, to me that shows serious arrogance from him.
    Actually RTE were shown by the Broadcasting Authority to be wrong in their assumptions! He may be a twat, but he was not "correctly exposed" as was shown by said Broadcasting Authority.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement