Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Gallagher and his "comparisons"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

He did not compare his treatment to the child abuse by the church.

He compared RTE's arrogance where they got it wrong. But hey as AH threads go you're on to a winner.

maybe i worded it wrong - sincere apologies.

but to even bring up the church/abuse in his efforts to gain sympathy for him not being able to take the heat, is beyond disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

maybe i worded it wrong - sincere apologies.

but to even bring up the church/abuse in his efforts to gain sympathy for him not being able to take the heat, is beyond disgusting.
    Whats beyond disgusting is your misreprentations.
    Who mentioned him looking for sympathy? He was asked about his decision to complain to to the BAI, he explained why he did it. His points were valid as the BAI report shows. RTE are the ones with the problem as has been in a subsequent BAI investigation into RTE's complete lack of journalistic ethics, standards, or indeed governanance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

It was his own stupidity that got him fcuked, all he has to say was "No, I never did x, a press conference? Looking forward to it, this is dirty trick and whoever comes forward is a liar."

He couldnt, and that suggests very strongly that he DID do stuff which he was accused of, but with different people. If he never did he could have just said that!

His own fault.

Comparing how he was treated to how Fr Reynlds was? WTF? Saying RTE was like the catholc church? WTF?

Fúck off!

It was his own stupidity that got him fcuked, all he has to say was "No, I never did x, a press conference? Looking forward to it, this is dirty trick and whoever comes forward is a liar."

He couldnt, and that suggests very strongly that he DID do stuff which he was accused of, but with different people. If he never did he could have just said that!

His own fault.

Comparing how he was treated to how Fr Reynlds was? WTF? Saying RTE was like the catholc church? WTF?

Fúck off![/QUOTE]
    Perhaps you would consider taking your own advice.

lividduck wrote: »

His own fault.

Fúck off![/QUOTE]
    Perhaps you would consider taking your own advice.
    You must be related to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He was a stupid, frankenstein headed, dribbley voiced c**t from louth

How people would ever tolerate a louth accent coming from a head of state is beyond me :confused:

"I nyuvah cawllacted a cheque frum thaaa maaan"

You must be related to him?
    No, but thankfully I'm not related to you either, I live in 21st Century and am not so insecure as yourself as to need call myself by an 18th century bigoted and xenophopic name as you either.

No, but thankfully I'm not related to you either, I live in 21st Century and am not so insecure as yourself as to need call myself by an 18th century bigoted and xenophopic name as you either.
    How is it bigotted or xenophobic?

Even if it was in reference to the great fenians of old it wouldn't be.

Besides, its a reference to Paddy McCourt and a rather awesome chant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I nearly fell down in shock yesterday when I looked at this goon comparing what happened to him to the catholic church and the abuse issue.

How dare he? Has he got any idea of reality at all.

I always knew he was sleezy, but he has gone below the below with this one.

The fact of the matter is, he screwed up HIS OWN ANSWER. He should have been well able to handle he question/tweed if he was indeed innocent of it. He cracked. He wants to blame everyone else. But to bring in the abused children and the church, to justify his inability to get his story straight.

Low, very low. glad he's not my president.
    Well he is my President. All this nonsense about child abuse in the Catholic Church has been blown out of all proportion. The men and women of the Church are holy and of course Sean Gallagher is a thorough gent. RTE were wrong, pity it took a court case for the national broadcaster to fess up, admit fault and pay. If Michael D had a shred of decency, he would step down now to make way for the true President, Sean Gallagher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I nearly fell down in shock yesterday when I looked at this goon comparing what happened to him to the catholic church and the abuse issue.

How dare he? Has he got any idea of reality at all.

I always knew he was sleezy, but he has gone below the below with this one.

The fact of the matter is, he screwed up HIS OWN ANSWER. He should have been well able to handle he question/tweed if he was indeed innocent of it. He cracked. He wants to blame everyone else. But to bring in the abused children and the church, to justify his inability to get his story straight.

Low, very low. glad he's not my president.
    Well he is my President. All this nonsense about child abuse in the Catholic Church has been blown out of all proportion. The men and women of the Church are holy and of course Sean Gallagher is a thorough gent. RTE were wrong, pity it took a court case for the national broadcaster to fess up, admit fault and pay. If Michael D had a shred of decency, he would step down now to make way for the true President, Sean Gallagher.

Why are you searching for Sean Gallagher ON Boards ON Christmas Day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

The systematic cover up of child abuse has been blown up out of all proportion you say.

That’s a pretty disgusting take on it.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Why are you searching for Sean Gallagher ON Boards ON Christmas Day?
    Because I am not interested in what Michael D has to say in his Christmas message. Sean Gallagher would be worth listening to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Because I am not interested in what Michael D has to say in his Christmas message. Sean Gallagher would be worth listening to.

Sean Gallagher isn't president because he fecked up over a fake tweet, and then threw his toys out if the pram the next day on radio. The tweet wasn't true but Sean tied himself up in Knots. Any seasoned campaigner would have batted that question away.

amcalester wrote: »
    The systematic cover up of child abuse has been blown up out of all proportion you say.

That’s a pretty disgusting take on it.
    Not really. Proportionally fewer priests have abused children than men who are not priests yet you don`t hear of plumbers being dragged through the gutter (no pun intended). Now that is disgusting. All those plumbers abusing children and not a peep about it in the press!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

I just read this whole thread. Then I realised most of the posts are from years ago. Anyway. The comment about Sean Gallagher looking like a thumb is kind of insulting but very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note:It's Christmas folks, not Easter. No resurrections today, zombies stay dead.:)

Thread now closed

Buford T. Justice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement