Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grass

Options
  • 16-05-2012 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

how come the grass all along the mill road /church rd /shoreline /burnaby is manicured to within an inch of its life..yet the farankelly rd up to kilpeddar verges meridian et cetera is starting to look like the amazon?dont get me wrong...the wildflowers and birds insects will be delighted...i always thought it was stupid economics to continually waste fuel and manpower cutting it only to cut it again and again and again..maybe even plant some fruit bushes in those areas..biodiversity and all that..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

We were just commenting on the same ourselves.
    Can I hope its because there was a lot rain recently and hard to get good dry spell in which to do the work?
    Or is it going to be a task like getting all the lights fixed by the developer recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I think its possible the farrenkelly road might still be under private ownership / the council haven't taken ownership of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

I'd say it's probably the weather as it has been under private ownership since the beginning but has always been mowed before? It's the same guys who do the big green at the back of charlesland wood so perhaps they prioritised that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I don't think so, the big green at the back of the wood i believe is owned/maintained by CMRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

I'm not sure - I just know it's the same lads on the lawnmower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Car2318 wrote: »
    We were just commenting on the same ourselves.
    Can I hope its because there was a lot rain recently and hard to get good dry spell in which to do the work?
    Or is it going to be a task like getting all the lights fixed by the developer recently?
    maybe..dont so tho..burnaby area well trimmed....seems to be just left..they must read boards its been cut now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Noticed that they were out cutting today, looking much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

They clearly follow boards! :D

Advertisement