Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Options
  • 16-05-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Is it possible to get the Sky Go app on the Samsung Galaxy Tab? I've been trying to find it in the Android Market but can't find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

dextor03 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get the Sky Go app on the Samsung Galaxy Tab? I've been trying to find it in the Android Market but can't find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

It might not be available for it. Sky Go tightly controls what devices can the app run on and on which ones not.

It wont even play on my gf's sensation seeing as the phone is running a custom rom...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Looks like it isn't available for it, thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

rooted? you can change your build.prop if so to easily get around those!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dubhaltach wrote: »

I don't care enough to do so. I know it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dextor03

Dubhaltach wrote: »

How is this done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Two Ways: 1) Install build.prop editor https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bwulfert.buildpropedit
    Change anywhere that describes it as a galaxy tab to htc and bravo, ect.
    ro.product.model=HTC bravo
    ro.product.brand=google
    ro.product.name=bravo
    ro.product.device=bravo
    ro.product.board=bravo
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=HTC 
    ro.build.product=bravo
    ro.build.description=bravo-user 2.3.6 GRK39F 189904 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/bravo/bravo:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys

Alternativly, there are scripts to do this. This one here was made by me, but was untested so if you wan't to try it make sure youu've got nandroid backups. Advanced Method! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1639200

It may seem like a lot of hassle but truthfully the first method is really simple, it's just copying and pasting. Anyone can PM me if they'd like 121 steps!

Advertisement