Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10th June Nogi submission wrestling in derry

• 16-05-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

No heel hooks
    No cranks
    No toe holds (teens)
    No flying submissions (teens)
    No slams from submission

Fights goes distance.  Goes to points
    5 minute round
    If draw after round.  First to score
    Upper weight limit 120 kgs

Sections 

Teens
    Under 60,70,80 over 80

Beginner
    Under 60,70,80, 90, 100 over 100

Intermediate
    Under 60,70,80, 90, 100 over 100

Advanced
    Under 80 and over

Mount position = 2 points
    Back mount with hooks = 3 points
    Passing the guard = 3 points
    Knee on stomach = 2 points
    Clean Sweep = 4 points
    Sweep = 2 Points
    Clean Take down (Ends passed the guard)= 4 points
    Take down (Ends Guard or Half Guard)= 2 points
    Sitting down = -1
    Submission attempt = 2 points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

Sounds fun! I'll try get a team together to go up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Bres wrote: »
    Sounds fun! I'll try get a team together to go up!

What club you from Bres?

Spartan in Tallaght...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Upper weight limit 120 kgs

Prejudice against very, very fat people! :D

Registration now open at

Www.evolvemartialarts.com/competitions

Rules are there also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

If I have a grip of my opponent and I "Sit down" will I still get minus 1 point ?

Jumping guard or sitting down -1

We want to encourage people to fight for the takedown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I think that's crazy, you can't penalise someone just because their strategy is to pull guard, it's part of the sport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I appreciate that you are trying to appeal to those from an MMA background. I assume that's the case with this point system. However if pulling X-Guard or De La Riva gets me docked a point then I'll have to give this one a miss.

Best of luck guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

If people have pulling guard as their go to strategy, is it not because they believe that it's their best option to sweep or submit? Pull guard and sweep and you're still up on points.

• Advertisement

I'm pulling gaurd! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I think that's crazy, you can't penalise someone just because their strategy is to pull guard, it's part of the sport!

Is it though?

When a fighter voluntarily jumps in the guard or goes from standing position to a non-standing position by any means and remains down for 3 seconds or more, he will be punished by a minus point.

http://www.adcombat.com/adcc-rules-and-regulations

I like the pulling gaurd rule! can stop passivity, though Fila score it this way...
    Takedowns – 1 point

When a grappler manages to take his/her opponent down and gains control for 3 seconds. If, with the takedown, the grappler manages to establish a dominant position, he/she will further receive the corresponding points (i.e.: 1 + 2 for takedowns into side mount, 1 + 3 for takedowns into full mount, and 1 + 4 for takedowns into back mount). Situations of guard pulling:

Jumping or sitting into guard from a standing position with contact and with a deliberate attempt of a submission or takedown will not be penalized by a caution and will not award 1 point to the opponent.

Jumping or sitting into guard from a standing position with contact and without a deliberate attempt of a submission or takedown will not be penalized by a caution, but will award 1 point to the opponent.

Jumping or sitting into guard from a standing position without contact to avoid standing or ground fight will be penalized by a caution and will award 1 point to the opponent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Theres nothing wrong with pulling guard if your takedown technique is poor but realistically you might want to actually spend as much time on your techniques rather than relying on pulling guard, there's always going be a stronger guard player about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Is it though?

When a fighter voluntarily jumps in the guard or goes from standing position to a non-standing position by any means and remains down for 3 seconds or more, he will be punished by a minus point.

http://www.adcombat.com/adcc-rules-and-regulations

But am I not right in saying that a minus point in ADCC bears the same weight as an advantage, and that minus points are tallied up separately. Although I wouldn't like it, if it was an advantage given to the opponent, or something, it would not be as big a deal. I think getting 2 points for a takedown is important, but if someone choses to pull guard and miss those two points then I don't think there should be any further punishment. Sure theyre at a disadvantage anyway since top is key ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

It's not a BJJ tournament Jason is running, it's a sub wrestling one. If he wants to encourage people to fight for a takedown then so be it?

That being said I believe the ADCC one was originally intended as a rule against people just sitting on their asses and scooting.

Submission wrestling might mean you want to work on your wrestling skills

One of the biggest weaknesses in our country. Yet people seem to want to not want to work on what might be their weakness.

We are getting a good amount of response again for the comp so hope to see you on the matt

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

I like the rules for this comp. The emphasis on getting a take down is good as it makes people wrestle even if they don't like the stand up portion of a normal bjj match. The change to points system rather than the previous first td rule (which I hated) means I will be going to this one.

One week left to this comp

10 pound to enter

• Advertisement

Numbers looking good. Keep the registrations coming

Advertisement