Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Camps and Activities in Limerick City?

• 16-05-2012 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭

so its coming up to that time of year again when the schools are closing and with this in mind im looking for activities and camps for a seven year old.

if anyone has any ideas or reviews of activities and camps perhaps they could post them in here with contact info and prices if they have any idea about what's out there.

maybe not strictly limited to Limerick City as im sure there will be others in Limerick County that will find the information useful... :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Limerick FC do Soccer camps, as do the FAI I think.

Thats all I can think of anyway Mr. Xavier, I'll keep thinking and I'll send you a text if I think of any! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

ULAC do sailing and Kayaking courses. There is another place out near Mallow that do similar as well.

Surfing in Lahinch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

The limerick post has adverts up for about seven or so very interesting camps including an art camp, fame type one, sports one and science one- all of them look pretty cool.

Teach him Robotic & Genetic Engineering. Sure its what all the kids are doing now during the summer! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

I know my brothers kids are going to the camp on in Scoil Ide in corbally, they loved the easter one!not sure if you have to be in the school to go or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

The Snipe wrote: »
    Teach him Robotic & Genetic Engineering. Sure its what all the kids are doing now during the summer! :P

now you mention it snipe i was actually thinking that compuB in town might be running a summer camp, i think i saw something about them doing that before, but how about this for an idea for yourself- a photography summer camp?

i imagine you'd get on great with the kids and clearly you know your stuff when it comes to photography!

or now im just thinking do you need a teacher qualification like for me to teach computers i'd have to have a JED i think its called, i dont think i'd have your patience though! :pac:

insurance too i suppose could be hefty, but maybe something you might give some thought to? or not! :D

I guess I could, yeah, mightn't be a bad idea. Wouldn't need anything to run it at all, because qualifications for photographers in Ireland are near existent anyway.

As for insurance, thats where waivers come in -- however, I'd still have my normal public liability to cover a good bit too.

Only problem is, I fricken hate kids!

But I might look into it -- It could help source funds for my trip to Ukraine next year.

Advertisement