Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which company should I do my PADI OW course with?

• 16-05-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I’m completely new to scuba diving and I have just recently decided I’d try my hand at it!

I’m based in Dublin and from reading this forum the 2 most popular companies that people seem to do their OW course with are Ocean Divers & Dublin Scuba.
    The only difference between the 2 companies I can see is the price of the course, - Ocean diver €595 - Dublin Scuba €495

Obviously both courses give the same qualification. So is there any benefit with going with one company over another? (other than price).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

I would reccomend Audrey and Joe at Dive Inn Scuba. Very friendly school with good prices.

http://www.diveinnscuba.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

why don't you look at joining a club for that money you get your training and your dives for a year.but if it is padi you want i would 2nd joe and audrey in dive inn very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Catmologen wrote: »
    I would reccomend Audrey and Joe at Dive Inn Scuba. Very friendly school with good prices.

http://www.diveinnscuba.com/

Thanks for that, their website doesn't seem to be updated regularly so I'll drop them an email.
    moonfish wrote: »
    why don't you look at joining a club for that money you get your training and your dives for a year.but if it is padi you want i would 2nd joe and audrey in dive inn very good

What are the advantages of a club over doing the OW course seperatley?

Do they offer PADI certs? Any idea on a average price of joining a club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 christinaL

Have had the best experience learning to dive with DublinScubaDivers. Really friendly and flexible. Using the pool in The National Aquatic centre is a fabulous way to get an introduction. Alfie is a great instructor and John and Ken are the divemasters. Learned to dive and had great craic doing it - what more can I say except their prices are also the best and you get the same books, gear and courses. I highly recommend them.

good luck and hope to see you at 30m sometime:)

christinaL wrote: »
    Have had the best experience learning to dive with DublinScubaDivers. Really friendly and flexible. Using the pool in The National Aquatic centre is a fabulous way to get an introduction. Alfie is a great instructor and John and Ken are the divemasters. Learned to dive and had great craic doing it - what more can I say except their prices are also the best and you get the same books, gear and courses. I highly recommend them.

good luck and hope to see you at 30m sometime:)

Decided to go with DublinScuba. Mainly because none of the other companies relpied to my emails, and they offered me the course for €450.
    Starting the 6th of June!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Decided to go with DublinScuba. Mainly because none of the other companies relpied to my emails, and they offered me the course for €450.
    Starting the 6th of June!

Good luck with it, post back with feedback on the course :)

**Course Feedback as promised**

I completed my course last weekend with Alfie in DublinScuba.

Cannot recommend them highly enough.

€450 for the Open water course (includes everything).
    Pool dives were in the NAC in blanchardstown. Open water dives took place in Portroe.

Very enjoyable experience, anyone thinking of doing their Open Water course give them a shout.

Advertisement