Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 12) May 18-21 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brian McDermot spotted at the Bray match. Hopefully we dont lose Jason Byrne just yet:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Michael D, David Forde and James McClean are at the Bohs match.

Take it Forde and Mcclean here for the training camp. Good to see though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs trailing 2-0 here at Dalymount. Penalty for Derry which looked very soft. Buckley has been smashing for Bohs, literally. I can c him gritting his teeth together each time he's going in for challenges. Hitting the boys hard he is!! Manager Aaron Callaghan sent to the stands for us.

Pretty even game, just one of those nights I guess. Bring on Tolka park this monday.... Its's been a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I couldn't make the trip to Bray and sounds like i'm missing a cracker!!! Come on the Saints!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Michel Salgado was at the rovers game tonight apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

monkey9 wrote: »
    I couldn't make the trip to Bray and sounds like i'm missing a cracker!!! Come on the Saints!!!

That stream is a great laugh. Fair play to the lads, they're ****ing gas.

Edit: ****e 3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Pedro K wrote: »

Probably looking at Danny North.

F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck!!! Gutted once again!! Another bleedin draw!!! Conceding an injury time equaliser. We're unbeaten, yet it means nothing to me. I'd have taken a couple of defeats for all the draws we should have won!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Oi Dreamers stop with the rumour spreading ffs. Our players wages were deferred for one week at their agreement as we hadnt done what we usually do and make them work a back week. So they are paid up to where they should be.

Anyway if they win games when they are on Strike i think we should stop paying them altogether! :D

Well done to the Mons and Roddy for breaking our Oriel Park hoodoo. We havent won their since they got their plastic pitch until tonight.

whoooohoooo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

AtM2I1cCIAANIGh.jpg

Looked like a 50-50. Player was grand the second he stood up. I like how a 50-50 challenge is mentioned but not Killian Brennan getting kicked in the back while he was on the ground.

Easy win tonight, conceded again though. GON was my man of the match, who did RTE give it to?

The one match I have to miss and its a cracker. Extra time saying great advertisement for the league. Jason Byrne is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mushy wrote: »
    Take it Forde and Mcclean here for the training camp. Good to see though.

No, there to see their old team take the pts off Bohs;)

Think Twigg got motm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

4-2 for City!! O'Neill hat-trick, another 3pts, happy days!!

• Advertisement

That stream is a great laugh. Fair play to the lads, they're ****ing gas.

Edit: ****e 3-3

I know i'm being biased because it's Pat's, but honestly those two are hilarious. I'm gutted whenever i can't make a match, but the blow is softened by the fact i can listen to the commentary!!!

They make no bones about it on the Pat's forum!! 'Commentary tonight lads, but sobriety is not guaranteed!!!

I was at this match below, not amongst the main crowd behind the goal, but to the right of the goal in front of the advertisment hoardings, but their commentary is brilliant, especially the 'past the Chilean geezer in goal' bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Pascal Millien is a legend. What a 10 minute cameo from the lad.

We are looking good - Best defense in Ireland, The Tubbercurry Tornado and The Haitian Hurricane on the wings with The Grimsby Goal-getter up front.

Don't think the last one works :(.

Anyway, good performance tonight and another 3 points. Looks like that game in Bray was a cracker! Happy that Pats dropped some points too.

God is love! :cool:

PREMIER DIVISION RESULTS
    SHAMROCK ROVERS 3-1 DROGHEDA UNITED

SLIGO ROVERS 3-0

BOHEMIANS 1-2 DERRY CITY

DUNDALK 1-2 MONAGHAN UNITED

BRAY WANDERERS 3-3 ST PAT'S ATHLETIC

CORK CITY 4-2 UCD

Was trying to get that stream working but didnt have laptop. Sounds gas craic!

25 goals in 6 games...and MNS viewer figures will be down cos of the next round of matches.

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Pascal Millien is a legend. What a 10 minute cameo from the lad.

We are looking good - Best defense in Ireland, The Tubbercurry Tornado and The Haitian Hurricane on the wings with The Grimsby Goal-getter up front.

Don't think the last one works :(.

Anyway, good performance tonight and another 3 points. Looks like that game in Bray was a cracker! Happy that Pats dropped some points too.

God is love! :cool:

If we can't win the league, genuinely hope Rovers win it. My favourite away trip is always to Sligo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sligo were something else tonight. We weren't even particularly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He's over for the UEFA B Licenses being held this week.
    Those lads around him were probably the guys taking their badges. I think they have to analyse the game and then do a presentation about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Very enjoyable game at the Cross despite the wet conditions.

UCD were got a very fortunate penalty decision in the 1st half and City deserved their lead at HT.

But 2nd half UCD were fantastic. Lovely passing and touches. Then they scored from a free kick and I'm thinking "not again City" but fair ****s to City they went straight from the kick off and got a penalty after a cracking run and cross from Ian Turner.

Davin O'Neill put the icing on the cake with couple of minutes left with a cheeky goalscorers goal nicking the ball from the keepers grasp.

All in all a great nights entertainment for only €12.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pissed off we lost, deserved at least a point. Inability to defend set pieces is killing us.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jaysis another bleedin draw and conceding 3 goals, we were sloppy at the back but really should have 3 or 4 up at half time. Brya stuck at and scored with pretty much all of their attacks.

We as usual dominated the play had all the ball, all the chances just didnt score enough. Winter was man of the match, made some mental decisions and cost us the game by giving them 2 frees that should have went the other way.

Russells goal to make 3-2 oh my fcukin god!!! what a fcuking goal.

Entertaining for a miserable wet evening in bray.

Anyone want Dean Kelly soon to be a free agent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Very enjoyable game at the Cross despite the wet conditions.

UCD were got a very fortunate penalty decision in the 1st half and City deserved their lead at HT.

But 2nd half UCD were fantastic. Lovely passing and touches. Then they scored from a free kick and I'm thinking "not again City" but fair ****s to City they went straight from the kick off and got a penalty after a cracking run and cross from Ian Turner.

Davin O'Neill put the icing on the cake with couple of minutes left with a cheeky goalscorers goal nicking the ball from the keepers grasp.

All in all a great nights entertainment for only €12.

yup, spot on. You come to the Cross, you get entertainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Pissed off we lost, deserved at least a point. Inability to defend set pieces is killing us.

Agreed. Ref had a shocker though. McCabe gets injured and has to go off, Callaghan wants to make a sub before the free kick is taken and the ref tells him he has to wait until after the free and the next time the ball goes out of play, and guess what happens next? 1 Down. He was understandably fuming.

From the far end of the stand it looked like a big push for the peno, both sets of players were walking out of the box before the ref pointed to the spot, how he can give a handball after a foul is beyond me.

Then when he sent Callaghan off he wouldn't let him go into the Connaught St stand which is, and always has been allowed, instead making him walk all the way around the pitch to the tunnel. :rolleyes:

The sooner we get Heary back, the better.

Didn't deserve to lose that at all, some serious effort put in by the lads. The midfield was probably the best I've seen them play so far. Would start McMahon on Monday though. Pender was MOTM for me

@Sligo Fans

Russell Wtf? Seriously? Wtf did you let him go for? hes awesome!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

dreamers75 wrote: »
    @Sligo Fans

Russell Wtf? Seriously? Wtf did you let him go for? hes awesome!!!

Could say the same about Daryl Horgan.:confused:

Can't comment on Russell's goal but Daryl's strike for the 1st tonight will take some beating.

• Advertisement

I think I read somewhere that Russell got a job in Dublin and wanted to move there or something?

Horgan didn't want to play in Sligo anymore because he met a potential missus in Cork and wanted to stay there.

Their loss ;)

236-01.gif

Bar Cork we should have beaten every team we played. Fergie spot on with better losing and winning then drawing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ebbs wrote: »
    Looked like a 50-50. Player was grand the second he stood up. I like how a 50-50 challenge is mentioned but not Killian Brennan getting kicked in the back while he was on the ground.

Easy win tonight, conceded again though. GON was my man of the match, who did RTE give it to?

Thought the lad Powell struck in the second half was in more pain than the guy McCabe fouled.

GON by far and away the MOTM. Him and Twigg are the best partnership in the league. He set the first one up, he set the second one up and should've had another assist and the first goal early on too. Brennan was very very good too. Dennehy/Gilbert/McCabe/Sives, not so much.

You can see why Drogheda are up where they are, decent attacking side but couldn't handle the front two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that Russell got a job in Dublin and wanted to move there or something?

Horgan didn't want to play in Sligo anymore because he met a potential missus in Cork and wanted to stay there.

Their loss ;)

both not good enough to get in sligo team - and i think both of them are quality in their own way - rogers peers mcguinness quigley and north - put 6 half decent players around them and you should win the league.

Sligored wrote: »
    both not good enough to get in sligo team - and i think both of them are quality in their own way - rogers peers mcguinness quigley and north - put 6 half decent players around them and you should win the league.

No you need to put 12 half decent players around them, leagues are not won on a decent 11. You have a decent 10, we have a decent 13, Rovers have a decent 18.

Build up your lead and hope for the best cos when Europe comes around and players missing you can bet your ass Rovers will be winning games 1-0 and playing ****e. And we will be drawing.......

lol tho Russell is easily one of the best LOI players i have ever seen but i have seen him play 90 minutes 17 times.....something you didnt allow him.

Rogers wtf??? wait till you see his party piece, great shot stopper but his kicking is ****ing woeful and he doesnt like big players in his face :)

Witchie wrote: »
    Oi Dreamers stop with the rumour spreading ffs. Our players wages were deferred for one week at their agreement as we hadnt done what we usually do and make them work a back week. So they are paid up to where they should be.

Anyway if they win games when they are on Strike i think we should stop paying them altogether! :D

Well done to the Mons and Roddy for breaking our Oriel Park hoodoo. We havent won their since they got their plastic pitch until tonight.

whoooohoooo.

hardly rumour spreading when it happened.

believe Keegans transfer to Bristol somfin.....is paying your team for the rest of the season.

Smashing player, complete and utter crackhead but smashing player. Would fit quite well with us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CSF wrote: »
    Sligo were something else tonight. We weren't even particularly bad

Didn't think they even got out of second gear-very handy win for them. We offered very little and people suggestion that AM's mind was more focused on Monday night's game. :rolleyes:

No ticket stub or receipt issued when I paid in tonight, same as when we played in Dalyer earlier in the season. Either people on the stiles are ripping off their club or the club are pulling a fast one.

If it's the latter, second could be a very profitable place to finish if they're caught by the FAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Could say the same about Daryl Horgan.:confused:

Can't comment on Russell's goal but Daryl's strike for the 1st tonight will take some beating.

Horgan was never any better than very average for us, very poor a few times as well. Russell was along with Ndo helped transform us two years ago from a mid-table side to a top 3 finish, played a major part in us getting to where we are today, but he didn't score enough for someone playing off the front man, wish him all the best but wasn't overly disappointed when we got Quigley to take his place.

No you need to put 12 half decent players around them, leagues are not won on a decent 11. You have a decent 10, we have a decent 13, Rovers have a decent 18.

Build up your lead and hope for the best cos when Europe comes around and players missing you can bet your ass Rovers will be winning games 1-0 and playing ****e. And we will be drawing.......

lol tho Russell is easily one of the best LOI players i have ever seen but i have seen him play 90 minutes 17 times.....something you didnt allow him.

Rogers wtf??? wait till you see his party piece, great shot stopper but his kicking is ****ing woeful and he doesnt like big players in his face :)

We've seen his woeful kicking, definitely makes up for it everywhere else, better keeper than Clarke overall I'd say. Russell is very good, plenty better than him though. I'd have Richie Ryan back before I'd have him back.

• Advertisement

Pascal is better than both JR and Horgan combined anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Spotted in Maldron hotel in Tallaght.

dfx- wrote: »
    Him and Twigg are the best partnership in the league..

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Brennan was very very good too. Dennehy/Gilbert/McCabe/Sives, not so much.
    Youre crazy, McCabe was excellent.
    Zebra3 wrote:
    No ticket stub or receipt issued when I paid in tonight, same as when we played in Dalyer earlier in the season. Either people on the stiles are ripping off their club or the club are pulling a fast one.

If it's the latter, second could be a very profitable place to finish if they're caught by the FAI.
    Only Rovers fans talk about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Him and Twigg are the best partnership in the league.
    North and Quigley and its not even close.

edolan wrote: »
    We've seen his woeful kicking, definitely makes up for it everywhere else, better keeper than Clarke overall I'd say. Russell is very good, plenty better than him though. I'd have Richie Ryan back before I'd have him back.

Course you would nothing wrong with saying you let your best player go and now dont rate him. After he fcukin raped you in your own ground its normal for fans to say that well some fans......

I rate North highly but hes a complete and utter cnut, i can only wish bad things happen to him. Him and Rogers tried to kill my club.....i hope it ends slightly better for you lot. and Ndo and Quigley.....ha you really did sign the fcuker we hate.....but we not your rivals..... we just better than you.

Russell tho class apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote:
    we not your rivals..... we just better than you
    Nah

Course you would nothing wrong with saying you let your best player go and now dont rate him. After he fcukin raped you in your own ground its normal for fans to say that well some fans......

I rate North highly but hes a complete and utter cnut, i can only wish bad things happen to him. Him and Rogers tried to kill my club.....i hope it ends slightly better for you lot. and Ndo and Quigley.....ha you really did sign the fcuker we hate.....but we not your rivals..... we just better than you.

Russell tho class apart.
    First off Russell was never even close to our best player, that was Richie Ryan. But yeah fair play to ye coming out with that single point you've been banging on about for three weeks now. Pats are clearly the superior team, if only we still had Russell on our bench we might be leading by 10.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    and its not even close.

I think it is. Twigg and North are equal now or one behind/ahead of each other.

If Sligo maintain this low-key humility in victory towards the rest of the league they could well pip us as the league's bête noires.

stovelid wrote: »
    I think it is. Twigg and North are equal now or one behind/ahead of each other.
    North is ahead. Quigley missed six games due to the FAI randomly deciding he should miss six games. If you're looking at a partnership theres no one ahead of North and Quigley.

Russell tho class apart.

I do rate him, always liked him and seems like a decent fella, but he was behind Richie, Joey, Doyle, Peers, Keane and McGuinness in being our best player that year. Good player who was poor for the first half of last season, if he could finish I reckon he would've left this league before he even came to us. Ye raped us and still couldn't win, ye are exactly like us two years ago, playing great stuff, but not clinical enough. That being said we then played the other 3 teams in the top 5 and really put them to the sword, could be a great season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement