Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greasy Hair

• 16-05-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Well ladies, im a 28 year old chap with mad curly hair. i find it really hard to keep it clean and nearly have to wash it everyday. i understand this is really bad for my hair but it starts to smell when i dont.. can anyone recommend a good shampoo for greasy hair? im currently using tresemme and its probably making my hair worse. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Why do you think daily washing is bad for hair?

More information might be useful such as hair lenght, what products you use etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Its grand for a few hours after washing then gets very greasy very quickly.. im using tresemme for it and i dont use any product in it.. after washing i just towel dry it and brush it then leave it as it is..

Its grand for a few hours after washing then gets very greasy very quickly.. im using tresemme for it and i dont use any product in it.. after washing i just towel dry it and brush it then leave it as it is..

Has it always been like this? What hair type is the shampoo for? Do you use a clean towel and clean brush (yes brushes do need regular washing)? Do you fiddle with you hair scalp? How log is it?

Daily washing is fine IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I hate tres somme, I know some people rave about it.

It makes my hair mad greasy, it's almost greasy within the hour of washing my hair.

Maybe change your shampoo?

mood wrote: »
    Has it always been like this? What hair type is the shampoo for? Do you use a clean towel and clean brush (yes brushes do need regular washing)? Do you fiddle with you hair scalp? How log is it?

Daily washing is fine IMO.

Its about shoulder length when brushed out but it just curls up when dry.
    i use a clean towel everytime and clean my brush too. Im gonna stop playing with my hair cos its been a habit since childhood.

I hate tres somme, I know some people rave about it.

It makes my hair mad greasy, it's almost greasy within the hour of washing my hair.

Maybe change your shampoo?

Few people said to use a cheap shampoo and use a dry shampoo on it every second day. that might work, but i like have having my hair clean looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Few people said to use a cheap shampoo and use a dry shampoo on it every second day. that might work, but i like have having my hair clean looking

I'm not suggesting a dry shampoo or a cheaper shampoo. It's obvious that the tres somme isn't working so that's why I suggest a different shampoo, one designed specifically for curly hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Fifi Trixie Belle

Well ladies, im a 28 year old chap with mad curly hair. i find it really hard to keep it clean and nearly have to wash it everyday. i understand this is really bad for my hair but it starts to smell when i dont.. can anyone recommend a good shampoo for greasy hair? im currently using tresemme and its probably making my hair worse. Thanks

There's a similar(ish) conversation going on here;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056636018

Playing with hair makes it greasy I find. Don't touch it at all if you can. Just try a few different shampoos for greasy hair or frequent use. Only condition the ends with a tiny amount of conditioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 barbs28

Did you ever try using dry shampoo on your roots? Its very cheap and in most chemists, batiste is only about 2 or 3euro a bottle. Just spray it at a distance to where your hair is greasy and give it a good brush through. If it leaves a white film that is visible just spray a bit of water on that to get rid of the powdery look, and the grease will be gone.

barbs28 wrote: »
    Did you ever try using dry shampoo on your roots? Its very cheap and in most chemists, batiste is only about 2 or 3euro a bottle. Just spray it at a distance to where your hair is greasy and give it a good brush through. If it leaves a white film that is visible just spray a bit of water on that to get rid of the powdery look, and the grease will be gone.

I was told to try that and i will now.. maybe between washes and hopefully it'll do the trick.. thanks barbs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 barbs28

your welcome, I don't wash my hair everyday, and sometimes have greasy roots, so this is a handy trick, and it really works too!

barbs28 wrote: »

I have greasy hair and wash it every second day. I tried dry shampoo and found it crap. It can't compare to a wash. I don't see why you are so against washing it daily. It does no harm. Any harm done is probably for over use of hairdryers but not in your case.

Advertisement