Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon Breakers coming to Steam

Options
  • 16-05-2012 12:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

https://moonbreakers.com/Intro

It seems that the game is now coming to Steam. Highly enjoyable (and free to play) game which is currenly available on Google Chrome.

Anyone else playing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Installed, looks really really nice, could see myself playing a lot of it. Except, no inversion yet. Thats a total deal breaker for anyone who's flight sim'd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ED E wrote: »
    Installed, looks really really nice, could see myself playing a lot of it. Except, no inversion yet. Thats a total deal breaker for anyone who's flight sim'd.

I have played flight games with both inverted and non-inverted so it's easy to get used to.

They have added a ton of new modes and extras recently so definately worth a look. It's not often I warm to a free game but theres more game in here than most full price titles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cool. Must remember to check it out on my home machine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have played flight games with both inverted and non-inverted so it's easy to get used to.

Takes an hour to get used to then completely screws you over for every other game you play. Kind of a dealbreaker for me as well.

What retr0 said. I play inv on all games, at the moment that includes WoT and CS:GO. And flipping back and forth takes ages for me. Not worth destroying your kpd over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How long does it take to load a map? Usually just quit after waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just installed. Hard to tell what's going on. Some work needs to be done with this game unless I'm doing something wrong.

It plays in windowed mode which is odd, no gfx or control options which is strange in the extreme.

I can't seem to see any personal health/shield bar.

Combat is extremely confusing, very hard to discern who is near you, I can't discern different classes except to spot a bomber. Unless it's tiered like WoT I have no idea if what I'm shooting is something I can really damage. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing as a bomber.

Despite this, it has heaps of potential. Will keep going with it to see how it turns out.

Just installed. Hard to tell what's going on. Some work needs to be done with this game unless I'm doing something wrong.

It plays in windowed mode which is odd, no gfx or control options which is strange in the extreme.

I can't seem to see any personal health/shield bar.

Combat is extremely confusing, very hard to discern who is near you, I can't discern different classes except to spot a bomber. Unless it's tiered like WoT I have no idea if what I'm shooting is something I can really damage. No idea what I'm supposed to be doing as a bomber.

Despite this, it has heaps of potential. Will keep going with it to see how it turns out.

They've just added alot of updates as of today and are working on inverted controls. Seems like they are actually listening to players which is very refreshing in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

They added customisable controls but didn't add inversion (although it doesn't bother me).

I've played it all yesterday to get a decent feel for it and frankly the more I played the less I was interested in it.

It's terribly terribly terribly repetitive, doesn't matter what game mode is active it's all the same, the 'maps' are essentially indistinguishable, it shows its browser origins badly and crucially there's almost zero feeling of skill involved in the game.

I do understand its origins and I know I'm being harsh on a F2P game but for me this game would need to be entirely rewritten to stand any chance of success, as it is, it'll likely be uninstalled tonight.

Right, so I played the game last night and boom...inverted controls for all!

• Advertisement

Swish :)

ED E wrote: »

Swish :)

I'm actually surprised by the difference it makes tbh. Much more natural.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I took a look at this last night - it was a pretty fun distraction that was nice to wind down at the end of the day before bed. Didn't realise it played in Chrome till I read this thread, interesting!

Advertisement