Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog is like a Dustbin

• 16-05-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

My BMD tries to eat any food in sight, she gets fed her own food at regular times twice a day but still always seems hungry, she hoovers up my other dogs food any chance she gets (which she is not allowed as she is allergic to grains), the cats food, any food that is on the worktops, left over dinner, meat etc as soon as your back is turned.

We feed our other dogs and cats separately so she can't get it but any chance she gets to get it, she does.

She gobbles up her own food, I even started to give it to her half frozen to slow her down but as soon as she is finished she wants out to get at their's.

We have to place their food on a high shelf in the utility because she will stand up and do self service if we don't ;)

Will she grow out of it? Is it just a phase she's going through, she is regularly wormed but she just seems greedy!!

Is there a way to get her out of this? Any advice please!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi Wizard,
    Have you had your BMD blood tested to make sure there's no malabsorption problems going on, or indeed any conditions that can cause a depraved or excessive appetite like this?

Advertisement