Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with an online purchase

Options
  • 16-05-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

I bought an electrical item from a company though pigsback.com at the end of 2011. I took the item out of the box to use it for the first time two weeks ago and discovered that there is a tiny flaw in the design which renders the item completely unusable.

I have emailed the company twice since I discovered the problem and they haven't responded. The website was a '.ie'. site, but the only phone number available to ring is in the UK. On their T&C's they state you should email or write to them if you have a complaint, I feel two emails I sent is sufficient. So was my question is where do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I bought an electrical item from a company though pigsback.com at the end of 2011. I took the item out of the box to use it for the first time two weeks ago and discovered that there is a tiny flaw in the design which renders the item completely unusable.

I have emailed the company twice since I discovered the problem and they haven't responded. The website was a '.ie'. site, but the only phone number available to ring is in the UK. On their T&C's they state you should email or write to them if you have a complaint, I feel two emails I sent is sufficient. So was my question is where do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated.

You can initiate a Small Claims Court proceeding. However, you must exhaust the companies complaint process. Send a registered written letter and give them 2 weeks to reply. If no response, then proceed with SCC.

Actually, who did you give your money to? Was it actual pigsback? If so, they have to resolve this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Is it definitely pigsback responsibility? I just looked through my bank statements and the payment was made to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Is it definitely pigsback responsibility? I just looked through my bank statements and the payment was made to them

Whoever initially took your money is responsible. Pigsback is the one you have a contract with. That should be your first port of call.

They WILL try to fob you off. Be assertive but nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Thanks folks, I have emailed pigsback so hopefully I will get a resolution without too much fuss!

• Advertisement
Advertisement