Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black hole devours star - video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

is that real ? or cgi?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

emo72 wrote: »
    is that real ? or cgi?
    Cgi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's a fakkke...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hal1 wrote: »
    It's a fakkke...
    Well, not really a fake, nor presented as such. The phenomenon simply isn't directly visible from here using existing technology. An 'artist's impression' is an absolutely appropriate method of demonstrating what this process might look like. I'm certainly happy not to live within filming distance of a black hole! Unless you count Anglo....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hal1 wrote: »
    It's a fakkke...

It most certainly isnt... it was taken by the enterprise in one of his deep space missions...:eek:

oh mighty.. guess i should have made that clear, i thought i didnt need to explain it

i forgot to post the link tho...

link

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jkforde

emo72 wrote: »
    is that real ? or cgi?

take a look at this 'video' (in fact a stills stack of 16 years worth of telescope images) of stars orbiting the supermassive black at the centre of the galaxy.. this is real, very impressive work imo, the thing is unimaginably huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opUkRkexw10

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

Advertisement